Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENIOR CITIZEN ID

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SENIOR CITIZEN ID Empty SENIOR CITIZEN ID Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:10 pm

ANGEL727

Arresto Menor

Good day I have a question po.Ano po ba ang tamang batas for senior citizens when purchasing..I have an issue earlier that my father was trying to buy medicine to one of mercury drugstore and the manager refused to provide the 20% discount because my dad does not have the senior citizen ID.I thought that as long as you have proof such as driver's license ID (that he actually presented)it should be honored.What is the correct law for this?Please help. Thank you.

2SENIOR CITIZEN ID Empty Re: SENIOR CITIZEN ID Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:39 am

udmlaw

Reclusion Temporal

Republic Act No. 9994.

Implementing rules
5.5 IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT – refers to any document or proof of being a senior
citizen which may be used for the availment of benefits and privileges under the Act and its
Rules. It shall be any of the following:
a) Senior Citizens’ Identification Card issued by the Office of Senior Citizens Affairs
(OSCA) in the city or municipality where the elderly resides;
b) The Philippine passport of the elderly person or senior citizen concerned; and
c) Other valid documents that establish the senior citizen or elderly person as a citizen of
the Republic and at least sixty (60) years of age, which shall include but not be limited to
the following government-issued identification documents indicating an elderly’s birthdate
or age: driver’s license, voters ID, SSS/GSIS ID, PRC card, postal ID.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum