Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Internet Provider failed to terminate account

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ddh_4

Arresto Menor

Hi po,

I am not sure if this is the right forum where to post my legal question. But here is the case:

Over a year ago, I decided to terminate my internet service. Since I was not physically in my hometown, the staff of the said provider in our place told us to contact their main branch directly and was given an email address to formally request my account be terminated. I was advice to send them a letter of request terminating the account with valid photo id which was sent through attachment. Also, I was told to settle the balance, which I did. There's been exchanges of email. I even send them a letter of authorization authorizing my sister to be their point of contact if there's any other things needed that may require my physical presence. Together with the authorization letter was my sister valid government issued photo id.

I followed it up with them how my request were and I was told ( I got the email that they were already working with it ).

Few months after, I got a collection letter. That is asking me to pay the following month after I submitted that request to terminate my account. When I talked to their customer service. I was told my account as terminated due to nonpayment which was not true since I shouldn't be paying that following month after the fact that i already sent in my request to terminate the account.

I have the emails with me to prove. And this time, they advice me to visit their facility, which is in contradictory to what I my representative was told before. They told me that it was their branch in my hometown who can facilitate the termination.

Now I get this harassing email from their legal representative, saying that I can be blacklisted to financial institution or might face legal sanction. I had paid this company religiously despite their crappy service the reason why I decide to terminate. Now here they are, harassing me on something that was their failure to take care of the transaction for the first part.

I want to know what can be best done on this case. It is just not right to just do nothing.

Please advice.

Thank you!

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

hi,

If the acknowledgment receipt of your termination letter was still in your possession, then you can use that as an evidence of their negligence or fault. Or, just preserve your communication emails to support your defenses. Let them do the first move. Just wait and see.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum