Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination of employee due to Personal reason of owners

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mas

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir/Mam,

I just want to know if a company can terminate an employee due to personal reason.

Facts:

Employee had a Romantic relationship with one of the stockholders/owner of his current company. This happened a decade ago. Then he resigned and continued with their relationship.

They broke up around year 2010, but they still see each other as friends.

In 2012, the employee returned in the same company and worked his way up to a higher position. The ex-gf which is a stockholder/owner of that company is threatening my fiance that if he marries me, she will terminate my fiance's employment. Obviously, her only reason is because he still wants my fiance to come back to her. Work ethics of my fiance is good and is always delivering well with his job responsibilities.

Can the stockholder really do this to the employee? Is there a legal ground for her to do this?

Please advise. This issue is prolonging our marriage plans. We are both in our 3o's and time is being wasted because of the bitterness of the stockholder.

If my fiance gets terminated, we have to start from scratch and all our finances will be jeopardized.

Hoping for your enlightenment.

Sincerely thanking you for any advise.

MAS

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

i suggest lumipat na lang yang fiance mo nang company.. how can he work kung may ganon?? tsaka ikaw din.. araw araw mo iisipin nandon yung boss nung fiance mo na dati nyang gf...

and why start from scratch? look for a job similar to his job now..

mas

Arresto Menor

Actually the ex-gf doesn't go there everyday. She just drops by once in a while for board meetings. So my fiance is having a normal daily office routine without worrying about her. Mangyayari lang ang termination once maging legally married kami.

Yes my fiance is starting to prepare applying in other company, it's just that he is earning 6 digits/month now it's enough to sustain his lifestyle and pay all the monthly bills without worrying too much about his finances and the future if ever na magka-baby na kami after the wedding.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum