Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

question on legality

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1question on legality Empty question on legality Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:37 pm

jevic1957

Arresto Menor

is it legal for the company to stipulate in the contract that it has the sole discretion to modify all aspects of employment, including changing your job duties and resposibilities or work assignments, among others, if the company determines it to be necessary for the safe, efficient and economic operations of its business?

2question on legality Empty Re: question on legality Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:56 am

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

It is difficult to tell since it is only a portion of the contract. But that clause usually refers to increasing your salary, promoting you or transferring to other position which is deemed necessary to business operation.

3question on legality Empty Re: question on legality Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:04 am

stashracer

Arresto Menor

Portion you have given is valid and binding.... Companies are given a wide lattitude on how to conduct is business. Also I do no see any stipulation you have given as contrary to law and public policy. Only thing that will be violative of your right is if it will create a diminution of benefit by decreasing your salary etc...Transfers are ordinary operarions of business so stipulation is valid base on your facts.

4question on legality Empty Re: question on legality Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:04 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

It's company prerogative to make transfer its employees from one section to another.
As long as it does not interfere with your basic rights as an employees.

Just abide by it.

5question on legality Empty thank you Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:01 am

jevic1957

Arresto Menor

thank you all for your time in answering my question. it does give a lot of latitude to the employer. but if it is not illegal then i guess nothing to do but comply..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum