Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help regarding Estafa case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help regarding Estafa case Empty Help regarding Estafa case Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:52 am

mitchoney28

Arresto Menor

Good day po. I would just like to ask for advise regarding an estafa case filed by our supplier. My husband and I own a hardware and construction supply business.
- is it ok that the estafa and bp22 case was filed under my name even though the checks used and even the business itself is not registered under my name? I have not even personally transacted with this supplier. Is it enough that I'm married to the registered owner of the business to be qualified as legal respondent to estafa and bp22?
- regardless of whether the said cases were correctly filed against me, we never intended to run away from our obligations, it just so happen that we also had many unpaid debts from our customers that is why we experienced huge problems with our finances. In fact we tried to ask for payment arrangement but they went ahead and filed the case. Is that still considered estafa?
- since the death of one of our silent partners (he is not registered as owner) our finances have only gotten worse. If we file for bankruptcy how will this affect the estafa and bp22 cases filed against me?
* the amount that our creditor filed was for 800thou, eventhough we already paid half in installments. The amount is for cement they supplied to us. The debt is itself is not 6 months old
I hope you can enlighten me regarding this very serious matter

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum