Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

What case to file: Slight Physical injury, Slander by deed and Moral Damages?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

djinxdmd

Arresto Menor

September 16 around 4:30pm I went to my sons' school to pick them up. As I was talking with a friend near the school gate, Aling B and her friend came to confront me. That morning I joked with the friend of aling B, unfortunately she didn't like the joke thus the confrontation. As I was saying sorry to her, aling B caught me off guard with a slap on my right cheek. I told Aling B it hurt and it was uncalled for. She was not the one I joked with that morning, nor was she the joke about, neither was she there when the joking occured. She just came that afternoon with the friend of hers with whom I joked with that morning. I waited for her to say sorry but she just left right after slapping me. I wanted to report her to her employer since Aling B was employed as caretaker in the cemetary located within the compound where my sons' school is also located, but her employer was not around. I reported the incident to the barangay the following day around 5pm. Some officials there told me i can not file for Physical injuries since I do not have a medico-legal certificate and the incident happened yesterday. I want to file a case but do not know what type of case to file. I was humiliated in front of my kids, friends and other employees of the compound. Please Advise. . . .Thank you for your time

attyLLL

the proper charge is slander by deed because the slap on the face caused you public humiliation. moral damages may be awarded.

what you need is to get the people who witnessed the slap to testify for you.

may i ask what this joke about because what you may have said could be fuel for a counter charge of oral defamation against you.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum