Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

leased property where leasee constructs building

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Jackson

Arresto Menor

My ex-wife is Filipina. While we were married, she gave me a Power of Attorney which was issued through the Philippine Consult in Los Angeles. I came to the Philippines and leased property in her name. With full knowledge of the property owners I built a building for OUR restaurant. In our 5 year lease with option to purchase, there were a few conditions. Condition #1, 5 year pre-paid rent. Condition #2, at the end of the lease, I could get a 5 year extension in order to purchase said property. If the lessor refused to re-lease the property to me, then she has to purchase said building for cost minus labor. If I chose not to re-lease, then I forfeit the building. In 2010, my wife wanted everything out of her name as she was going to divorce me and stay in the United States. I put the business name into one of her friends name. In 2013, June, the owner came by the restaurant and said she was going to the United States for a visit. Her husband would be by in July with our new lease. He came by and we discussed the new lease. A few days later I receive a registered letter from her attorney explaining that before she left, they discussed that she didn't want to re-lease me the building. Also stated in the letter was that I had 10 days to clear out or ejection process would start.
I stopped a successful business which employed 20 people, closed the American Fast Food type restaurant, moved equipment, but still retain possession. Our lease expired in July. I pay guards to watch the building 24/7 and refuse entry to anyone. I've even refused entry to the owners husband and explained why?
Now they claim there was no lease, as she never registered it.
Any advice? Attorneys in this small town really don't want to get involved.
Thank you for your valuable time and consideration.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum