Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conditions to Terminate Employment Contract by Employee

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jaffy

Arresto Menor

Greetings! I'm Jaf from Aklan. gusto lang po malaman anong mga grounds or conditions na ang isang empleyado can terminate his contract without charging him or her with breach of contract? like in my case, i was employed in an institution under contract(renewable yearly) and appointed as dean of a department since 2010 but have not receive any letter from the admin or hrdo office letting me know if i am already a regular employee or still full-time non-permanent employee...currently nasa appointment contract na i have to serve the institution until march 2014...nag decide akong mag resign and submitted my resignation letter to HRDO on Aug. 05, 2013, ang reasons ko ay ang unprofessional approach sa akin ng vp-academic affairs in the presence of hrdo, my faculty by withdrawing my teaching load to be given to my faculty with the reason that "meron ka namang business at di mo naman siguro need ang teaching load", nagulat ako sa sinabi ng vp-acad...nainsulto ako sa part na yon as dean, para lang maibigay sa faculty ko ang teaching load..second, yong salary ko na hold for not submitting course syllabi on time, but eventually it was settled; third, i need to prioritize our family business since my parents are both senior citizens and nobody will take-over the business but me...in this case, i cant serve 2 masters at the same time...will I be charged of breach of contract? were my reasons valid for me to terminate the existing contract? will i be charged of penalties and damages for my decision?...please enlighten me with this matter(s)...thank you very much and more power!!!

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

ano ba nakalagay sa contract? upon termination or resignation?

jaffy

Arresto Menor

ty sa reply. ito po nakalagay sa appointment/contract: you are hereby appointed as dean for period of 1 year effective June 1, 2013 to May 31, 2014 (based on academic year). your compensation will be given in a separate notice. The college reserves the right to end your services at anytime prior to your specified term as provided by law. (followed by list of functions) then more power and god bless!...doon po sa part ng compensation in separate notice di mo nila nakakagawa, at dapat naka indicate sa contract as standard sa pagkakaalam ko...

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

dapat it goes both ways.. the college reserves the right to end your services at anytime.. dapat meron ding.. the employee can terminate his services anytime upon filing 30 days notice etc..

jaffy

Arresto Menor

ty...nagawa ko pong mag submit ng immediate and irrevocable resignation letter thru HRDO to the president of the college, hindi na consider ng president kasi magpag uusapan naman daw ang issue...sa end ko naman, sinabi ko na tataposin ko ang contract til May 2014 considering sa part ng students dahil sila maapektohan, walang demand or bargaining na ngyari, kung ano naka state sa contract ay yon ang susundin...sabi ko time will come kung anong demand ng family business baka di ako rin magawang gampanan and responsibilidad along the way...this 2nd semester hindi na ako tumanggap ng teaching loads at binigay ko lahat sa faculty para no pressure sa part ko na idemand nila ako to report everyday at aware naman ako na no work no pay ang policy nila...sa part na yan, gusto nila akong magpaliwanag bakit hindi ako nakakapag report sa school from Aug. 05, 2013 up to the present at wala naman akong natatanggap na sahod coming from the institution...sabi nila sa memo this is a form of misconduct...nagpadala sila ng final notice for hearing/conference...tama po bang sa notice eh sabihin doon na "you have not shown any concern for your job and employer. Your employment records seem to worsen." (ang notice is to invite me for a hearing bakit meron ganitong statement na nakalagay, tama po ba ito?)....further, please be informed that you still have your remaining balance to institution (amount). you are legally bound to pay the said amount. Please settle this as soon as you receive this memo. (ang amount po na sinisingil nila sa akin ay ang budget na binibigay nila tuwing convention ng mga deans at hindi ko personal na inutang sa institution for my personal gain, but for school purposes gawa ng hindi makapag take ng board exam ang mga students unless ma update ko ang membership during conventions...tama po bang ishoulder ko ang lahat ng budget for the school purposes?)...last paragraph...please explain within three 3 days from the receipt of this notice why you should not be subjected to appropriate disciplinary action in connection with the foregoing acts and misconduct. ( di ko nagawang mag appear to explain dahil gusto ko pong before ako mag appear is makapag consult muna ako sa legal at humingi ng advice para alam ko ang tamang gagawin...kailangan ko pa bang mag explain sa kanila para di ako ma charge ng misconduct ganong pagbabayarin din naman nila ako ng perang di ko personal na ginamit...) ano po ba ang mas mabuting gawin...maraming salamat po uli sir patok Smile

jaffy

Arresto Menor

good day...sir/mam: need ko po ang expert advice and honest opinion regarding sa last posting ko po...hope to hear from you... salamat Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum