Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HomeOwners Association Problem

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HomeOwners Association Problem Empty HomeOwners Association Problem Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:18 pm

norman_mac21

Arresto Menor

Good Day to all,

I would like to ask if what move or action should I do when we residence of the said village is having problems with our homeowners association officers.

1st: The election was made witout proper notice.

2nd: The people who attended the meeting are no treally residence of the said village hence; only caretakers.

3rd:
Majority of the number of votes was not even half of the numbers who are residince of the said village, but still they declared it officialy.

4th: Homeowners are having problems with the monthly due payments as this is not really filed or neither recorded well. They only accept what teh residence give them and tell them that they will pay on the next month.

5th: 1/4 of the population on the said village is not actually residence, only caretakers and people who rents for the meantime.

6th: People are worried about the uncontrolled population of the registered caretakers since the owner of the lot knows thet only 1 family resides on his property but the truth is almost 3 families with relatives.

7th: Issuance of Homeowners clearance are a big problem for the homeowners since they sent a letter to the barangay office that never issue a barangay clearance without the home owners clearance.

8th: They ask too much monthly dues compared to the population and number of officers in the said village.

9th: They have forcely closed the 3 entry gate of the other blocks and left 1 and hired a security guard. ( not all residence agreed on this via survey)

10th. All officers are not really well introdueced to the homeowners. ( e.g Meeting, Monthly activities, or even notices)

I would like to ask about hte problem no.6,7&9 as this is what I have experienced.

thank you very much,

Norman

2HomeOwners Association Problem Empty Re: HomeOwners Association Problem Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:03 pm

attyLLL

first look up the by laws of the hoa. if there has been any violation, your proper recourse is to first go to the bgy, then if that does not work, file an action at the hlurb.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3HomeOwners Association Problem Empty Re: HomeOwners Association Problem Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:12 am

norman_mac21

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the quick response.

I'll have to use other person to do that so that they will not have any idea who's investigating their doings.. Thanks.

4HomeOwners Association Problem Empty Re: HomeOwners Association Problem Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:19 am

attyLLL

you can see if a copy of the by laws are with the hlurb and get a copy there. good luck.

5HomeOwners Association Problem Empty Re: HomeOwners Association Problem Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:13 pm

cora

Arresto Menor

I would like to ask if what move or action should we do when we residence of the said village is having problems with our homeowners association Board of Directors.

We are the newly elected board of directors & during our 1st meeting with previous BOD, it was found out that there is anomalies (no money in bank but with unpaid utility bills)they also acknowledge the anomalies and persons involve are willing to pay in staggered payment.

As of now the result of election was not yet submitted to HLURB but members want us to assume the post as new Board of Directors. They even give us the remaining receipt to continue the services and paid the utility bills. No proper turn-over has been made (no financial statement). We also informed that no financial statement has been filed since 2009 to 2010.

Questions:

1. Are we a legal board of director? Can we collect monthly dues even no proper turn-over yet.

2. What action would be needed for us to be legal.

3. Can we accept the proposal to pay in staggered payment?

Please advice?

6HomeOwners Association Problem Empty Re: HomeOwners Association Problem Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:36 am

attyLLL

when was your term supposed to begin? you can take over from that date.

the board can accept the proposal or file a case to collect or a criminal case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum