Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pls help! What surname to use for child?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pls help! What surname to use for child? Empty Pls help! What surname to use for child? Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:17 pm

mommyprosperity

Arresto Menor

Atty, allow me to lay down the facts surrounding my problem:

1) I have a daughter (14) and son (13). I got married a week AFTER my daughter was born.

2) Daughter was registered using my maiden name. At the time of her birth, I was not married.

3) Months BEFORE son was born, I and my husband parted ways. I learned that he was married BEFORE he married me. I am now working on nullifying our marriage.

4) I have been unable to register my son. His school, until now, has been very understanding of the lack of his birth certificate.

What last name should my son use? His father's surname (even if our marriage is soon-to-be nullified) or my maiden name? In an earlier attempt, the hospital refused to use my maiden name because I declared that we were married and attached a copy of the marriage certificate.

Pls advise. Thank you very much.

attyLLL

shouldn't you discuss this with your lawyer handling the annulment? inquire about waiting for the annulment to become final

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

mommyprosperity

Arresto Menor

Waiting til after the nullification is final before I file for late birth registration is an option. But school is pressuring me to submit a birth certificate. I am hoping that this forum would be able to generate more possible courses of action.

1) If I file now (before nullification is final), am I compelled by law to use the father's surname?
2) If I file now using father's surname, after the nullification is final, what processes can I undertake to revert back to the previous surname (which is my maiden name)?

Thank you for your help.

attyLLL

at this point, your only option is to register him under your husband's surname because you are still considered married.

the court can decree the change in surname once the case is final.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum