Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Probationary period immediate resignation

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cheweybaby

Arresto Menor

Hi, I work in a BPO company as a Quality Analyst. I'm still on probationary period going 3 months. Last October 21st I was tagged as NCNS or "No Call No Show" for not advising my immediate supervisor of my absence that day due to important family issues. When I returned to work, no memos or notice of explanation was given to me. From that date, family issues at home got worse which made me decide to resign immediately because I know I will not be able to go to work as I also have to look after my kids (im a single mom) and i know that if I go to work my mind will not be at ease thinking about my kids and situation at home. I was not able to go to work last Oct 31st due to those issues. I informed my immediate supervisor about my immediate resignation and told me that there she is not the one approving resignations but our account manager. That was the only time that I knew that we do in fact have an account manager. I asked for the account manager's email address or landline number to explain my side but she only gave me the email. The following day, Nov 1, i sent an email to our account manager about my immediate resignation and attached a copy of my letter as well, and of course, immediate supervisor was cc. I only communicated to them through sms and email since I cannot report for work. My immediate supervisor then said that my request was disapproved and that I still have to report for work since they did not receive a hard copy of my immediate resignation. She said the reason why it was disapproved is because they haven't found someone yet to replace me and that after my colleague immediately resigned a few weeks before me they said that headcount was already at critical level. I asked them why we were not informed about it beforehand and why management did not take action about the situation and now they are not approving my immediate resignation but all their answer was, hiring will resume january 2014. They offered me 30 days terminal leave but again i do not get it because im still on probationary period and i do not have any leave credits. Another thing is why do they have to hold me for 30 more days instead of them looking for a replacement? I know there should be 30 day notice but is my reason not accepted for immediate resignation? I tried to contact HR but all they tell me is it will be supervisor's discretion. I went to the office yesterday, Nov 4 after bringing my kids to school since that was my only free time, and handed them the hard copy of my resignation but they all refused to accept it and insisted on me rendering the 30 days. Even HR refused to accept my immediate resignation. Now all my absences since Oct 31 is taken against me as unapproved absences, which I did not want to happen that's why I submitted my resignation letter but again they all refuse to accept it and I'm like a "pingpong ball" that they've been passing me around as to who will have the final approval for my immediate resignation. Now, can I file anything against them for making things hard for me? My kids are involved in the family issue i mentioned earlier and that is what I'm pointing out to my employer but they still insist on the 30 day rendering/30 day terminal leave. Sad 

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if your position is critical, you can't just resign immediately. 30 days notice should be given even if you are still a probi employee.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Unfortunately, family reasons or concerns are included in the allowed reasons for immediate resignation. Also, 30-day notice are required for an employee who wishes to tender your resignation. That perhaps is the reason why they refuse to receive your resignation. You can't compel them to receive your immediate resignation. You can go AWOL if you wish to but I don't recommend it since it may take a toll on your future employment or they might file damages from you.

attyLLL

if you really can't continue, then you'll just have to risk that they will seek damages against you, though that's unlikely. you can't also expect that they will give you a clearance.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

cheweybaby

Arresto Menor

I understand all the replies but I would also like to know if they are really implementing the 30 day notice, bakit po may inapprove sila na immediate resignation just a few days before po ako nag-inform sa management about my immediate resignation? Is appoving under management's discretion? If I go on AWOL, could I still get Certificate of Employment from them for my future employment? Also, am I already entitled sa "termination leave"?

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

yes management's discretion yan kung i approve ang immediate resignation or not. If you go on AWOL, i'm sure they wont clear you so malabo ka makakuha nang COE nyan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum