Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liquidation on winning case

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Liquidation on winning case Empty Liquidation on winning case Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:54 am

andvee23

Arresto Menor

Hi,

My father already won his case vs his company, illegal dismissal...however the company changed name and telling the sheriff that they no longer part of the previous company as it's now changed but accrdg to the articles of incorporation of the new company, it has the last name of the previous owner but it's named after his daughter's name.

after the long battle, my father was expecting for something now it seems it's impossible as his attorney seems delaying the case and not helping them.

Thank you so much for any suggestion or help.

2Liquidation on winning case Empty Re: Liquidation on winning case Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:44 am

attyLLL

he can switch lawyers, but he should discuss with his counsel how to 'pierce the veil of corporate fiction' especially if the new company has the same address, owners, line of work, clients, and employees.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Liquidation on winning case Empty Re: Liquidation on winning case Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:42 pm

andvee23

Arresto Menor

thanks...

we can't afford to have a new lawyer.

My father's current lawyer is technically "free" as my father made it clear to him that he can't afford a lawyer so, no acceptance fee. But, he will receive 20% as attorney's fee out of the liquidated money.

Weird as he and his staff is not eager to finish the process of liquidation, papers to submit, etc...like for instance a simple letter of request in SEC took them 3 weeks. If only I knew that it's just a simple letter of request, i can easily made it. We thought it's a formal request and need a signature of the attorney. I personally get the SEC articles of incorporation and my father submit it to the attorney, and according to him, he will coordinate to the sheriff himself and will personally give the decision of the court to the new company with a police and take 1 taxi as payment.

We are totally ignorant regarding this case. My question is, is the lawyer telling the truth that he will serve the decision of the court to the company though they claimed that they are not connected to the previous company name.

As the company of my father before already changed name, it's incorporated before but now it's corporation. But the same line of business and the same address, the owner in previous has the same last name on the new company.

Please help, if ever you have idea or knowledge regarding this case.

Greatly appreciated Smile

4Liquidation on winning case Empty Re: Liquidation on winning case Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 pm

attyLLL

piercing the veil of corporate fiction is very difficult. this is a long way to go

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum