Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I use 2 signatures?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can I use 2 signatures? Empty Can I use 2 signatures? Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:28 pm

miofatora

Arresto Menor

Or I should change my old one?

I am a young professional and everybody commented on signature (which I have been using since high school) that it was 'madeling gayahin'. Back then, I really hasn't sunk to me the importance of a signature - just that I have one to use when I need it. When I did try some new signatures, I found them to be sometmes different from each other (I guess depending on my mood - same as my handwriting).

Is there any legal backlash or headache against me if I suddenly change signatures? My current one is well documented - used it on bank application forms and some government IDs. IF I am going to change my sig, do I have to endure long processes of changing it?

Sorry for asking three questions at once.

Regards

2Can I use 2 signatures? Empty Re: Can I use 2 signatures? Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:32 am

AttyZag

Arresto Mayor

IS IT LEGAL?

Its legally ok to change the signature, as long as you are responsible enough to notify all the concerned parties that you have changed it AND you are consistent in using one signature from this point on to avoid confusion.

Off the top of my head, here are the priority parties you have to inform:

Bank
Employer/School
Licenses and or ID issuers (PRC, LTO, etc.)

HOW TO DO IT

Generally, most parties would be happy to update your record. Just execute an affidavit stating you voluntarily chose a new signature, you are changing it for lawful purposes (not evading any criminal or civil liabilities) and you will be using this new signature from this point on. Include a sample sheet with your new signature there as an attachment for good measure.

However, some parties may have different procedures for updating your records (which includes your signature). Just try to follow it.

Good luck!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum