Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

marriage confusion

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1marriage confusion Empty marriage confusion Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:30 pm

roughydial

Arresto Menor

good day!!
i was recently married last month here in the philippines. both of us are naturalized us citizen, Philippine-born.

however, there are confusion. my wife was previously married here, but was annulled to her husband when they went to United States. she also converted to Islam and our marriage was solemnized under Islamic law.

my question is this: if we will file our marriage certificate, will be there no problem?

thank you!!!

2marriage confusion Empty Re: marriage confusion Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:21 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

If she has the annulment papers in hand to show (this has to be authenticated from NSO) there shouldn't be any problem.

3marriage confusion Empty Re: marriage confusion Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:30 am

roughydial

Arresto Menor

hindi pala annull, divorce by US Family court.

4marriage confusion Empty Re: marriage confusion Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:17 pm

del13guzman

Arresto Menor

If you got married under the Islamic Law I guess that's a totally different story. Your marriage is Legal since at the time of the marriage you were both Islams already. So there's no problem with that. =D

5marriage confusion Empty Re: marriage confusion Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:20 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

good day!!
i was recently married last month here in the philippines. both of us are naturalized us citizen, Philippine-born. 
Are you dual citizen? If not it should be fine. 

however, there are confusion. my wife was previously married here, but was annulled to her husband when they went to United States. she also converted to Islam and our marriage was solemnized under Islamic law.
Their divorce has to be recognised in the Philippines, but since she has been converted to Islam, it shouldn't be an issue.

my question is this: if we will file our marriage certificate, will be there no problem?
No! it should be alright! 

thank you!!!

6marriage confusion Empty Re: marriage confusion Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:44 am

attyLLL

the divorce can be recognized if she was already an american citizen when the petition for divorce was filed.

imo, the religion is not relevant because under islamic law, i think women cannot have multiple partners (pls correct me if i am wrong)

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

7marriage confusion Empty Re: marriage confusion Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:44 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

You are right women cannot have multiple marriage only men, but in Islam religion they can divorce their husband/wife in the Philippines.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum