Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 days suspension for not attending Company Activities

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

skittle0506

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.

Is it legal to suspend the employee if they failed to attend a Company Activity? Is there any provision of the law or jurisprudence on this?

Am I right to thik that this a clear exercise of management prerogative since the company spending money to enchance the behavioral skills of the employees?

We will be having our yearly Teambuilding Activity, HR Department gave a memo that since its a company sponsored activity kapag hindi uma-attend ang mga employee may 2 days suspension.

Thank you.

Arlene

Last edited by skittle0506 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Question)

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes if it is in your company manual

skittle0506

Arresto Menor

So, meaning po ba if it's not included on the company manual magiging illegal yung suspension?

At the moment, it's not included in our company manual.

Thanks,

Arlene

skittle0506

Arresto Menor

Kasi po recently nag labas ng memo ang HR pag hindi sumama may suspension ng 2days.. Valid po ba yun?

Yung teambuilding is scheduled on Sept. 07-08, 2013.. Yung memo was dessiminated last Friday, August 29, 2013.

the content of the memoradum are:

"Since this is a Company sponsored activities, Management Committee agreed that Employees who will failed to participate on the said activity will be imposed an automatic two (2) days Suspension".

Thanks,

Arlene

Last edited by skittle0506 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Information)

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

i think it is a form of insubordination.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Since it is a memo, it was disseminated ahead of time and most of all, it is a reasonable instruction so you have to abide or else, you may be sanctioned. If I were you, just join. Anyways, there's no harm in attending team building

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum