Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conjugal Property

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Conjugal Property Empty Conjugal Property Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:55 pm

rolandov

Arresto Menor

My sister, living in Canada for 5 years now, married to a person who has a previous marriage 14 years ago. She left their rented home without his consent 13 years ago, during her pregnancy, without any separation decree from the court until now. They never reunited after my sister left from their home. Presently, his husband is living in to his new partner in Manila. My sister would like to purchase a condominium in Manila and I would like to know if her husband has the right to get his conjugal property share in the future? What is the remedy for her to exclude his right, if there is?

Last edited by rolandov on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Elaborated the sentence to make it clear.)

2Conjugal Property Empty Re: Conjugal Property Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:38 pm

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

The husband has the right to his share of the conjugal property. But not everything of the properties of the spouses are conjugal. There are exclusions such as those which were purchased thru your sisters own or exclusive money.

3Conjugal Property Empty Re: Conjugal Property Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:31 pm

rolandov

Arresto Menor

Thanks Karl. For the planned purchase of condominium unit soon, is it considered as conjugal property?

4Conjugal Property Empty Re: Conjugal Property Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:08 pm

carl434

Arresto Mayor

rolandov wrote:Thanks Karl. For the planned purchase of condominium unit soon, is it considered as conjugal property?

better to just go for legal separation lawyers can be tricky...

5Conjugal Property Empty Re: Conjugal Property Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:40 pm

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

if the money used to purchase the condo unit is exclusively hers, then it is not considered conjugal.do they have a pre-nuptial agreement?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum