Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My dad hid conjugal property from my mom. Can she still sue him?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

flyslush

Arresto Menor

We just found out this year that my dad purchased a lot in 1989 when he and my mom were still legally married (but living apart) and represented himself as a single man on the title to hide it from my mom. The lot is supposed to be conjugal property, right? Years later my dad filed for an annulment from my mom and the annulment was finalized in civil court in 1996.

My dad has since built a house on that lot and the title is still under his name as single, and while he has not remarried, he has cohabitated with a woman for over 10 years now (i guess she's considered a common law wife?).

My mom would like me and my brother's names put on the house/lot title together with my dad to ensure it goes to us (the legitimate children) in case my dad passes away and the woman tries to take advantage.

How do we go about making this happen?
Can my mom sue my dad for hiding conjugal property during their marriage and during annulment proceedings that happend over 10 years ago?

Please advise. Thank you for your help.

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

flyslush,

yes, that property should have been listed in the inventory of conjugal properties during the annulment proceeding.

you may file a motion to reopen in the same court that handled the annulment proceeding.

For more free legal information about the matter, you may visit www.domingo-law.com

http://www.domingo-law.com

flyslush

Arresto Menor

Atty Joyce thanks very much for your help!

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

flyslush,

glad to be of service.

http://www.domingo-law.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum