Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

labor laws

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1labor laws Empty labor laws Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:06 pm

wengski_1181

Arresto Menor

Good day!

Just want to ask the case regarding our contract. My colleagues and I worked in a government institution by a status of contract of service. It was stated in our contract we will be paid on a monthly basis on a no work no pay basis. Our question is aren't we entitled to receive pay during legal or local holidays even if we are on a monthly basis? Our HR people recently told us that we don't deserve to received pay during holidays? And also aren't we entitled to received bonuses and other allowances? Remember: we are not an EBJO or employee by job order status, we are a contract of service and we renew our contract every 6months. Furthermore, we heard that some contract of service status in other institution have benefits enjoyed by regular employees. Aren't we entitled for this benefits also?

Thank you in advance for your response. More power to this forum.

2labor laws Empty Re: labor laws Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Atty.Melki

Arresto Mayor

The answer to your question depends on many things such as the terms and conditions of your contract and the nature of your work and the company where you are outsourced. For accurate legal advice, prepare all documentation regarding your work and present them to a lawyer.

http://www.jimenolaw.com.ph/mlm.html

3labor laws Empty Re: labor laws Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:31 pm

wengski_1181

Arresto Menor

thanks for the the reply atty.

4labor laws Empty Re: labor laws Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:51 pm

mcsl

Arresto Menor

Good evening po.

I just want to know if we can complain to DOLE and if there is a violation of out rights as employees. We.work for a call center in eastwood and gave notice of leave at work starting last Monday due to flooding inside our subdivision then eventually got flooded in tuesday nite and informed them today - we had to clean the mess left by the flood. The supervisors kept texting us to report to work saying calamities were not a reason for us not to report for work. They're even asking us to produce proofs that we were flooded when in fact our village was featured on tv.being submerged.in flood & our town under state of calamity

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum