Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP PROBLEM (ADOPTED CHILD)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

petercajeta

Arresto Menor

Hi. I am a filipina married to an american for over 10 years. My husband has recently passed away. My husband is no longer capable of giving a child due to health reason. One day, a baby girl who was left by his mother in the hospital and we were called if we are interested to have the child as our own daughter. We made all the documentation to register her at the local civil registrar in our municipality and the NSO as our own daughter.

When my husband passed away just recently, I'm now having a problem on how to explain this case to the US embassy. I went there once and they told me why I did not apply my daughter for an american citizenship? I said my husband has been sick and he is tired of going to the embassy. Now, the embassy is willing to help me for the american citizenship process of my daughter.

My questions are:

(1) Do I have to tell the US embassy about the true story of my daughter?

(2) I know that as far as documentation is concerned, I have all the necessary documents such as birth certificate, school records, baptismal certificate and other important records to show that she is our daughter. But I'm scared if they are going to conduct a DNA test to my daughter and I will be charged of being dishonest to them.

Please help me....

Thanks,
Feli

ed shuck

Arresto Menor

1st thing dont tell them the "true"story
just present the documents that you have
also contact the American association philippines(AAP) maybe they can offer advice

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum