Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Empty HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:31 am

karensy

Arresto Menor

My husband had a mistress and sired 2 children by her. He acknowledged them by signing in their birth certificates. The woman is separated with 2 children in a previous marriage. I only found out about it this July 2010. I guess this has been going on for 10 years or so, because he has been assigned in the North for 14 years. We had agreed that he will no longer see the woman, but has to support his children by her. My questions are:

1. Can the mistress file a case if he will not see her from now on?
2. If he will support the children, can she demand an amount or only within the capacity of my husband? My husband is earning a measly amount of P 15k a month.
3. If the mistress scandalize us, can i file a case against her?

Hope you will have time to answer my queries...Thank you so much!

Last edited by karensy on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong grammar)

2HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Empty Re: HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:43 pm

attyLLL

when you say she is separated, you mean she is married. your husband may be made liable for adultery.

1) she can file a case, but i don't see what cause of action she can validly rely upon
2) support is based between the needs of the children and the capability of your husband.
3) that depends on what she actually does, but if she commits an act which is punishable by law, then you can certainly file a case against her.

you can already file a civil case against her for damages from meddling in your family affairs.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Empty Re: HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:19 pm

karensy

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:when you say she is separated, you mean she is married. your husband may be made liable for adultery.

1) she can file a case, but i don't see what cause of action she can validly rely upon
2) support is based between the needs of the children and the capability of your husband.
3) that depends on what she actually does, but if she commits an act which is punishable by law, then you can certainly file a case against her.

you can already file a civil case against her for damages from meddling in your family affairs.

Thank u AttyLLL, i understand it's the husband of the woman who can file a case of adultery? But i know, they have long been estranged for many years.so i guess that is not possible. thanks again and more power, you really enlightened me on this. More power to ur forum.

4HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Empty Re: HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:21 pm

karensy

Arresto Menor

AttyLLL, i have another question, please.

Can the mistress demand my husband to see their children? what if my husband decline? Can he be held liable? My hubby agreed to me that he won't see them again.

Thank you so much!

5HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Empty Re: HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:19 pm

attyLLL

I don't believe your husband can be compelled to see his children and be held liable as long as he provides support.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Empty Re: HUSBAND'S EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:22 pm

karensy

Arresto Menor

thanks attyLLL, you're really a big help...more power!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum