Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONTRACT AND EMPLOYMENT

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CONTRACT AND EMPLOYMENT Empty CONTRACT AND EMPLOYMENT Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:48 pm

jane1111

Arresto Menor

Hi, my name is Jan and I need a legal advice.
I work as a manager in an online tutorial center.
My boss wants me to make a new contract which would be very legal. though there are a few things that I am not pretty sure whether is legal or not and here are as follows:

1. The contract is for 2 years. She wanted me to indicate in the contract that there would be a penalty if someone would breach the contract or would choose to resign or leave the job.
Would it be fine?

2. Since the company is just a small company for now, we couldn't give benefits and double pays on some Holidays, but yearly we choose 9 holidays which pays the employees double,
is it okay?

3. We choose not to give Certificate of Employment to those employees who were terminated and failed to render a grace period of 1 month.

If I need to provide more details please just feel free to leave me a message.

I hope someone help me with this Smile
Thank you in advance for your answer and help

Jan

Last edited by jane1111 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

2CONTRACT AND EMPLOYMENT Empty Reply to JAN Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:45 am

devcariaga

Arresto Menor

Hi Jan,

Here's my response in chronological order:

1. As far as I know, contractual employment is prohibited by Labor Code of the Philippines. Please read the provisions of the Labor Code pertaining to Employments.

2. The company is required and mandated by law to pay the holiday premiums. For legal holiday, it should be 200% of the basic rate. For special holiday, it should be 130%.

3. I believe it is recommended to issue COE for all employees who are leaving the company.

If you need more info, please contact me at 09178635223

3CONTRACT AND EMPLOYMENT Empty Re: CONTRACT AND EMPLOYMENT Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:29 pm

jane1111

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the response. As I read your messages I got a bit confused and found more questions to ask like for number 1. Are you telling me that it is not right to have a 2 year contract?

2. How about if the company is a bit unstable due to the performance of it's employee? won't there be considerations?

3. Even for those employees who are terminated and didn't perform well? Or even to those employees who didn't tender a one month grace period for their resignation?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum