Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

time-in and time-out issue

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1time-in and time-out issue Empty time-in and time-out issue Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:32 pm

shi_pikot

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

Please see below my concerns.

1.Our official time-in and out is 8:30, 5:30, respectively. The company provides us service vehicle and our call time before from our meeting place is 8:15 AM since the site office is 15 minutes away from downtown depending on the road traffic. Sometimes, we came in a little bit late like 8:35 AM. May I ask if do we have 10-15 minutes grace period before we consider as late? Is it in the law or depending on the company?

2.Now, they’ve changed their call time and became 8:00 AM effective today and our time-in out is still 8:30-5:30 PM. I feel so unfair on my part to follow their time-in, out and came to our meeting place before 8 AM so I could ride on their vehicle. Please correct me on this if I’m wrong. I am certain that the service vehicle is under company premise and the moment we get in and take off the car should be our time-in and time-out. My concern if there is accident that would happen while under company premise (vehicle) and our time-in should base the moment we came in the site office. Is there an assurance for that?

3.As stated below the time-in is still 8:30 but the call time is 8 AM. If they implement 8 AM call time, our time-out should be 5:00 PM not 5:30 pm coz we reach the downtown usually at 6pm and 8 hours is the regular working hours. I have no choice but to follow their guidelines yet I suggest that the company will give me overtime on my 5:00 PM beyond every day.

Atty, please for your legal confirmation on my concerns.

Thank you and more power! Smile

2time-in and time-out issue Empty Re: time-in and time-out issue Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:40 pm

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

# 1 - Since your official time is from 8:30am-5:30pm, it was very clear that  you have to render  service on that particular period.  The company is providing a service vehicle for the employees as one of the benefits.  Grace period may be allowed by the company subject to  the discretion of  course of whoever is responsible. You better ask the HR if grace period is allowed.

#2-  It doesn’t necessarily mean that when you  are on board the service vehicle, you are officially rendering your service. You better check your company policy if that provision  is included.  While on board the company vehicle, it is just and proper that employees are properly insured in case of accident.

#3 - Whatever is the agreed working hours, you have to abide by the rules of the company.  Take note that extra service hours rendered  should be properly compensated, sa case mo na on board palang  sa service vehicle,  I don’t think it would be fair for the company to pay overtime.

3time-in and time-out issue Empty Re: time-in and time-out issue Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:45 pm

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

1. Your grace period depends on the employer..it may or may not fair on your but its their discretion
2. I think that your official time in will be honored when you are at the office/ officially record your time in logbook or bio metrics..this will serve as a proof that you are already inside company premises and then when accidents happen, they will be liable.
3.the question is, does late deduction starts from 8:00am? considering the fact that your official time in is 08:30. if they were deducting late/s from 08:00am and not beyond 08:30, i don't think that its lawful to implement such.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum