Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to deal with ESTAFA? in all good faith...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

paulb

Arresto Menor

Hi Attorneys,

First of, I'm glad and would want to thank you that you did come up with this free legal advice.

I bought a piece of jewelry which cost Php36,000.00++ including interest payable in 3 months. I have given the seller 6 posdated checks. The first check went good but I paid him cash and he agreed on it, second check onwards was not yet deposited because I told him that I am currently unemployed and no other means of putting up the agreed amount for now, but I always follow constant communication with the seller. In fact I gave him my remaining Php1,000.00 to at least deduct from my remaining debt.

I told him all my situations and whatsoever. We've actually already had an agreement to wait for my backpay and will pay him off, however, for some reason that we bumped into a bad conversation, this seller keeps on talking behind my back and to my other officemates which I'm also owing money that I can't no longer pay them when it is none of his business anymore, is this a clear "oral defamation?" Because of what he did some of them got worried and confronted me, when these officemates and I already had an arrangement.
I confronted the seller of the jewelry and we both gets in to each other's last nerves.

He threatened me that he will deposit all my checks and will file estafa. My account was already closed but prior issuing him PDC, my checks were active, it did close because of insufficient penalty (bank rule).

I still have our agreed-conversation and every messages that he's sending me he keeps threatening me that he will deposit my checks and file a case. I have in all good faith that will pay him and constantly communicating with him, is that already a clear estafa? How do I deal with this? Should I be worried?

PS.
Sorry for long post, this is giving me too much stress and depression.

Best regards,
Paul

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

You should be worried about it. Just honor your obligation and you will have peace of mind.

paulb

Arresto Menor

I have copy of our agreed conversation that he'll wait for my cash this month and will pay him off. Isnt it unfair that he will deposit my checks in purpose because he wants to file a case not because I don't have intentions of paying him? Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum