Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to answer an essay exam?? tips pls

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how to answer an essay exam?? tips pls Empty how to answer an essay exam?? tips pls Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:01 am

Louwell

Arresto Menor

please can someone help me how to answer an essay exam.!!. the proper way.

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

Write Strategically
• Unless you have been told for some reason to restate the question in your own words, do not waste valuable time repeating information that your instructor has already written down. Move immediately to answering the question.
• Order the points of your discussion. Follow some sort of sequence -- logical, chronological, procedural, etc.
• Add support to assertions. Incorporate examples or facts that support these main statements.
• Tie your discussion to your focus. Explain, both along the way and in your conclusion, how everything fits together.
• Be direct when you write. In the interest of making maximum use of your time, keep your sentences short, use adjectives and adverbs sparingly, and avoid parenthetical remarks.
• Use signals to direct the reader through your points.
For example:
"There are three reasons why..."
"First,....Second,......Finally,....."
"In early Greece....But in Rome..."
• Be legible. You will probably not be graded on neatness, but you could easily lose credit if your instructor has a hard time reading what you have written. Sloppy handwriting, non-standard abbreviations, multiple cross-outs, and confusing circles and arrows will all make grading difficult. Remember that your instructor has many other papers to read and may easily become impatient with anything that makes grading harder.
Source:
http://www.uwec.edu/geography/ivogeler/essay.htm

3how to answer an essay exam?? tips pls Empty Re: how to answer an essay exam?? tips pls Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Louwell

Arresto Menor

tnx

hanasadako

Prision Mayor

join atty. sarmiento's Online Clinic & Coaching on Bar Exam Answering Techniques http://www.attyralph.com/online.htm

5how to answer an essay exam?? tips pls Empty hehe Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:35 am

Louwell

Arresto Menor

uu nga eh.. ibangiba talaga sa pre grad ko. sori heheh

MadJalil

Arresto Menor

I have a question For example, you stated an article as your basis:

Every person, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties, act with justice, give everyone his due and observe honesty, respect and good faith. (Art. 19 NCC)

Is your answer automatically wrong if you misquote what was stated in the article? Please, I need an enlightenment on this one.

bearangel

Arresto Menor

^Madjalil if you are not sure/cannot remember the entire provision, you can put something like: Article 19 of the New Civil Code substantially states that every person.. etc. I dont think the examiner would deduct points from you since you wrote 'substantially states' lang naman Very Happy

bearangel

Arresto Menor

Also I think it is very important to have a legal basis for your answer. If you cannot remember the provision or case, maybe you can put 'the law/jurisprudence provides that...'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum