Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who should I charge?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who should I charge? Empty Who should I charge? Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:21 pm

jb_3276

Arresto Menor

We delivered goods to Company A but the cheque amounting to P350K bounced. Company A was bought by Company B. Company B paid the payables in installments total payment made todate is P213K. Company B ceased operation but they have not yet declared bankruptcy in the SEC. We are still owed P137K. Should I charge in the small claims court company A officers or Company B officers? Thanks and regards...

2Who should I charge? Empty Re: Who should I charge? Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:02 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Small claim cases is limited only to 100k

Assuming that the company is a corporation, The claim should be against company B because after they (company B) bought company A, all the liabilities of company A were transferred and assumed by company B.

Further, It should be instituted against the company and not to its officers because it is really the company as an entity assumed the liabilities and not its officers.

3Who should I charge? Empty Re: Who should I charge? Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:01 am

jb_3276

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the advise. But since Company B has ceased operation and may have already "secured" their assets, would it still be wise to file a claim with the small claims court?

4Who should I charge? Empty Re: Who should I charge? Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:35 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, within 3 yrs from the time the company ceases to operate. Unless a petition for insolvency have been instituted by such company.

Further, the obligation to pay by the company is founded on delict, due to bounced check and not based on contracts, within which the latter is answerable by their "secured" assets.

5Who should I charge? Empty Re: Who should I charge? Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:37 pm

jb_3276

Arresto Menor

It's getting clearer sir. But the bounced cheque was issued by Company A. Do I need to get a record from SEC that Company A was bought by Comapny B?

6Who should I charge? Empty Re: Who should I charge? Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:19 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, as an additional evidence, because violation of BP 22 or bouncing check law is now decriminalized, which means that the quantum of evidence required is preponderance of evidences.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum