Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

birth certificate typographical error

+12
queenbeectoria
mvguevara
lilcha
marielen16
selanova
jaydee93
yumiimuy
kb1
renanlumauig
wolverine2
attyLLL
rhozze
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1birth certificate typographical error Empty birth certificate typographical error Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:41 am

rhozze

Arresto Menor

hi, just wanna ask what should i do... my surename in my birth certificate is different from my father's surename should i file for clerical error. what are the documents that i need to change it??thank you

2birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:51 pm

attyLLL

it has to appear to be a clerical error. like cruz and crus. if it's cruz and perez, then you you will have to file a judicial petition for correction of entry.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:25 pm

rhozze

Arresto Menor

my father's surename is guisadio while mine in y NSO is guisodio., is this a clerical error? shall i pay anything for changing my surename? and what are my needed documents??? thank you fore replying... its a big help for me

4birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:41 pm

attyLLL

that appears to be a clerical error. here is an example process. should be the similar to where your birth was registered:

http://www.tagumcity.gov.ph/civil_registry/data/requirements%20for%20correction%20of%20clerical%20error.pdf

5birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:32 pm

rhozze

Arresto Menor

i talked with the civil registrar in my birth place. she's quite very snobbish and nagger at times.based on her it will take at-least 1 year to have my birth certificate to be change.. does it really take that long. and can i file it to the other municipality cause im in cavite right now and my birth place is on caloocan city??
thank you for responcing
godbless

attyLLL

it should not take that long, but you will have to be vigilant in making sure all your requirements are submitted and following up.

7birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:30 pm

wolverine2

wolverine2
lawyer

i suggest you complain that snobbish public servant with the civil service commission to teach her a lesson.

sifone

renanlumauig

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Good day to everybody here in the forum.

My Birth Certificate indicated that my last name is Lumawig but the correct spelling of our last name is Lumauig. I cant contact my parents anymore since we are not in good terms but based on all my documents ( baptismal, driver's license, NBI, TIN, SSS, Philhealth, Pag-Ibig as well as my grand parents death certificate ) the spelling of our last name is Lumauig.

Please help me in getting this resolve and if you could recommend legal service to me then it will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and hoping for your prompt response and consideration.

9birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:45 pm

attyLLL

your remedy is to file a petition for correction of clerical error at the civil registrar where your birth certificate was registered.

here is a primer at the nso:
http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/primerra9048.html

note that your specific local registrar may have a different set of documentary requirements. good luck.

10birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:51 pm

renanlumauig

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your prompt response. Your suggestion will be highly regarded.

11birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:25 pm

kb1

Arresto Menor

gud day how can i change my middle initial and what is the requirements to do???

thank you...

Last edited by kb1 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add question)

12birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:15 am

attyLLL

kb1, perhaps what you refer to is your middle name. can you give us the correct middle name and the one recorded on your birth certificate so we can see if it can be considered a clerical error?

13birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:01 pm

yumiimuy

Arresto Menor

Good day! My birth certificate indicate that my last name is 'satoh' but the correct spelling of the last name is 'sato'. Is it still part of clerical error? All of my documents i have been using an 'affidavit of one and the same person' for me to be able to used the last name 'sato' but when i tried to get a passport they wont accept the affidavit.they said that they would follow whatever that is written in the birth certificate.
How much would i pay for the correction of my last name? Thank you.. God bless.

14birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:42 pm

attyLLL

you should visit the civil registrar where your birth certificate was registered and inquire. i think the charge for filing an application for correction is around P2-3,000.00.

15birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:07 pm

yumiimuy

Arresto Menor

Thank you..Smile

16birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:29 pm

jaydee93

Arresto Menor

Gud day po. Ang husband ko po maraming mali sa birth certificate, hindi po niya alam what to do. Illegitimate child po sya. (Panganay pero di nakasal ang parents nya until mag-aswa na father nya at magkaroon rin ng ibang anak pero sinunuod sya sa surname ng father nya which is Palacio.)

Ito po yun mga mali.
- Sa Birth cert. nya, Palascio ang nakalagay pero ang tama at gamit ng father nya ay "Palacio".
- May Jr. po sa huli pero ang tama daw po ay wala dapat.(nasanay lang po syang tawaging Jr. dahil nga unang anak. Pero mula bata hanggang makatapos ng studies ang gamit nya ay Manuel H. Palacio. Even his father knows ito ang tama.)
- Nawalan na sila ng communication ng father nya since malaki na sya at nakatapos na. Hindi na naasikaso ang mali na yun. Then nanoticed pa namin nito lang na wala pa lang pirma sa likod father niya. Panu po yun? Eh may nag-asawa't anak nya sya so Palacio narin gamit namin. Pati yun damay na po ba kami sa maaapektuhan? Ano po pinakamainam gawin? Salamat po.

17birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:44 pm

selanova

Arresto Menor

hi there...where can i file a judicial petition for correction of entry...im sorry i really dnt know how to start fixing my problem

18birth certificate typographical error Empty Middle name problem Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:14 pm

marielen16

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:kb1, perhaps what you refer to is your middle name. can you give us the correct middle name and the one recorded on your birth certificate so we can see if it can be considered a clerical error?

"Hello po, ang yung middle name po ng husband ko sa lumang birth cert nya na hindi pa nso copy "Madriaga" ginamit nya yung birth cert na yon since high school pero nung kumuha na sila ng nso copy ang nakalagay na middle name ng husband ko MADRIGA, NAWALA YUNG "A". Yung records nya nung elementary and High school Madriaga naman pero sa SSS E4 nya MADRIGA ang nakalagay dahil yun yung nasa nso birth cert nya.

Macoconsider ba yon na TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS or under yon ng CORRECTION OF ENTRY PROBLEM?
Kasi po diba pwede magpa-ayos ng birth cert problem sa nso ngayon.

thank you.

19birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:59 pm

lilcha

Arresto Menor

hi..tanong ko lang poh need pba paayos ung birth certificate ng anak ko kasi mali ung nalagay na name sa likod ng papel? mag aappear pa ba un pag kumuha sa nso ?

20birth certificate typographical error Empty Birth Certificate typographical error Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:17 pm

mvguevara

Arresto Menor

Sir I am facing the same problem. My surname is misspelled in my NSO birth certificate and i am applying for a passport and i need it by April this year. Once I have filed for a petition to correct the typo error in my birth certificate, is that all I need or should I have the NSO certificate corrected too? coz i was told that it takes longer to correct the certificate from NSO. Thank you.

21birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Fri May 24, 2013 7:01 pm

queenbeectoria

Arresto Menor

On my daughter's NSO birth certificate, her mother's maiden name (I'm the mother) indicated there is incomplete. My complete first name is "Ma. Lourdes Victoria" , ang nakalagay lang sa birth certificate ng anak ko is "Lourdes" pero tama naman yung middle name and last name ko sa pagkadalaga. Do I need to have this corrected before I process Legitimation of child subsequent to marriage? And may admission of paternity din dun sa nso birth cert ng daughter ko yun nga lang not notarized.

22birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Sun May 26, 2013 12:24 am

auvi0512

Arresto Menor

Hi, I just wanna ask if it is possible to get a passport even if I have a problem regarding my sex? I'm a female but on my birth certificate its male. I read a post regarding about it and I just need an affidavit of undertaking? the agreement on the forum is that I can't renew my passport if all my documents were not fixed. I need to have a passport asap and I'm currently on the process of fixing my birth certificate.

23birth certificate typographical error Empty problem on my nso firstname Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 am

jhonbals08

Arresto Menor

Good day attorney, I would to seek an advice on what should I do regarding my NSO birth certificate that it contradict to the name I usually used since my childhood. In my NSO birth certificate it appers JH JHON ALFRED while I usually used is JHON ALFRED and this name also appears on my all documents and certicicate except to my birth certificate. I wanted to use JHON ALFRED on my passport but the foreign affairs doesn't allow me to use since according to them what appears to the birth certificate should apear also on the passport. They advice me to correct my birth certificate so that I could JHON ALFRED rather than JH JHON ALFRED on my passport. I already read on NSO online help regarding on this matter and I get cofused where my case fit in to if it's on Clerical error/typographical error or in the Changing of first name. I wanna get your advice regarding on this problem of mine on what should I do and what should documents or any other items I will get just to resolve this discrepancy on my name.

Last edited by jhonbals08 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

24birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:08 am

debbiearon

Arresto Menor

What if mother's surname ang nakalagay sa birth cert ng bata, nadala ko na po sa local registry ang mga requirements para maayos sa nso. Pero they found out na may clerical error sa spelling ng surname. Dapat po bang unahin ang correction ng spelling kesa sa pagpapalit ng surname? Di po kasi sila pumayag noong nakiusap ako na family name muna kasi matatagalan kung uunahin ang correction ng spelling. Kailangan na po kasi ng anak ko makakuha ng passport kasi papunta sila ng china thia october for presentation ng kanilang thesis.

25birth certificate typographical error Empty Re: birth certificate typographical error Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:12 am

debbiearon

Arresto Menor

Ok naman po mga na submit kong requirements para malagay ang surname ng father ng anak ko sa birth cert nya. Kaso mali yung spelling ng surname ko kaya nire require nila na unahin ang correction ng spelling . Pwede po ba mauna ang change of surname? Para makakuha na ng passport under his father's surname? Then later on na ang spelling?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum