Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got terminated during probation period - Can I lodge for illegal dismissal

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

remington88

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I have been terminated 1.5 months into my 6 months probation period due to

1) Failing to foresee / failing to plan ahead for payment of bills
2) Unqualified to fill the role as a Account & Admin position

The company is owned by a foreigner and she has left the country early in the month and she won't be back until 20th. The owner is the signatory of the check.

Can i file any claims?

attyLLL

if you wish to contest your termination, the remedy is to file a complaint at nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

remington88

Arresto Menor

Thank you attyLLL

I heard from a friend telling me that NLRC will not entertain probationary staff because there is no employee & employer relationship

Is that true?

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

read your probationary contract.. the company has the right to terminate your service for unsatisfactory performance..

remington88

Arresto Menor

Yes, they have a clause referring to probationary period.

===
During the probationary period, either party may terminate the employment at any time by 
giving one week’s notice or payment in lieu except in cases of serious or wilful misconduct
where an employee may be summarily dismissed without notice or payment in lieu of notice.
===

Does it mean that they can terminate immediately and by giving me 1 week payment in lieu and i can do nothing about it?

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

kaya nga probationary.. kasi tinitingnan kung fit ka don sa job.. pag ni terminate ka.. that means hindi ka fit don sa trabaho or hindi mo sila na satisfy.. just find another job and move on..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum