Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Someone please help me about a complaint.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

impairedjudgement

Arresto Menor

Good morning.

I'm a supervisor in a small call center. Given that our company is relatively small I was in charge of a lot of tasks including evaluation of my agents.

One of my agent's grand mother died 2 months ago. She informed me as per her own words, "Boss namatay po ang nanay ko" and is asking if she could file a bereavement leave. So as a human being, I immediately told her yes and she just need to inform me on when she will be able to report back to work. Then when she came back after a week of absence, when she submitted her supporting documents for the absence (death certificate), that's when I realized that it's not her mother who died but her grand mother. In respect to her feelings, I decided not to question her. As soon as I was able to learn that it was not her mother, I consulted the issue with my HR manager. She told me along with some other witnesses that the absence was of a 2nd degree family member and regardless of the reason for being absent sick leave or bereavement it will still be counted as an absent.

After a few more days I have served her appraisal for recommendation of regularization, I was given an instruction by my HR manager to fail her attendance due to her absence (we have a policy for non-regs to only have a total of 5 absences. She had 7.5). Because of that policy she failed and was not regularized.

She now filed a formal complaint and was directing the complaint to me. As per her statement, she said that I acknowledged her request for bereavement and then used that absence against her evaluation.

Will I have any chance of winning this case? She had given me a misleading information about the death of the family member that's why I approved the leave in the first place and I also have a coaching log in which we both signed to remind her that all absences will have an effect to her evaluation.

The hearing will be next week and I'm being kept blindsided by our management.

Please help.

Thanks.

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

ofcourse.. she lied and told you her mother died.. where in fact it's her grand mother..

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum