Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

resignation from a closing company

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1resignation from a closing company Empty resignation from a closing company Mon May 27, 2013 6:56 pm

carlos1972

Arresto Menor

Hi!

I would like to ask for some advice/info regarding my situation. I have been with the company for 10 years and I resigned last May 10, 2013 with a 2 month turnover (last day – July 9, 2013). If the company closes on June 10, 2013, am I entitled for a separation pay?

Thank you in advance.

Carlos

2resignation from a closing company Empty Re: resignation from a closing company Mon May 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

you already resigned.. resigned employees are not entitled to separation pay..

also if the company closes due to financial losses.. there's no separation pay..

3resignation from a closing company Empty Re: resignation from a closing company Tue May 28, 2013 1:07 pm

carlos1972

Arresto Menor

Sir,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have read that:

--
The Supreme Court held that there is no provision in the Labor Code which grants separation pay to voluntarily resigning employees. Separation pay may be awarded only in cases when the termination of employment is due to: (a) installation of labor saving devices, (b) redundancy, (c) retrenchment, (d) closing or cessation of business operations, (e) disease of an employee and his continued employment is prejudicial to himself or his co-employees, or (f) when an employee is illegally dismissed but reinstatement is no longer feasible. In fact, the rule is that an employee who voluntarily resigns from employment is not entitled to separation pay, except when it is stipulated in the employment contract or CBA, or it is sanctioned by established employer practice or policy.
---

In reference to item (d), officially I'm still employed with the company until July 9, if the company closes earlier which means my source of income is discontinued due to the closing, is it a valid ground for entitlement of a separation pay?

Thank you in advance,

C

4resignation from a closing company Empty Re: resignation from a closing company Tue May 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

what will be the nature of the closing of the company?

5resignation from a closing company Empty Re: resignation from a closing company Tue May 28, 2013 1:27 pm

carlos1972

Arresto Menor

All operations will be transferred/synched to our mother company. Possibly some of the employees will be absorbed by our mother company.

Thanks again.

6resignation from a closing company Empty Re: resignation from a closing company Tue May 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

you can contest it but since you resigned first and just doing your turnover I dont think they will give you a separation pay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum