Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

medical malpractice case

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1medical malpractice case Empty medical malpractice case Sun May 19, 2013 2:30 pm

helen grace

Arresto Menor

i would like to seek an advise regarding medical malpractice cases...my nephew was scheduled for shunt surgery (for hydrocephalus patients), he's barely 1month old..we were worried about the chance of survival but the neurosurgeon assured us of 80% recovery, and his pediatrician also gave consent and assurance that he can go through the operation..my nephew died inside the operating room, not because of the operation procedure but during anesthesia induction..we were concluding that there was a mistake or over dosage committed...the operation is supposed to last for just an hour, but it took them 2hours to tell us that our baby died as early as anesthesia induction which happened in the first 15mins of the procedure...we were wondering why it took them that long to tell us what happened...during that 2hours, we saw his doctors go out and in the operating room and talking like they were having discussions which is not proper...it seems to us that in those times they were confabulating and getting ready for excuses...after the incident, we are requesting for an abstract and hospital records but they can't give us one...we thought of it as if they are covering something and have to make changes in my nephews records...2weeks after we had our baby's new born screening results and everything is said to be normal...how come the surgeon decided to perform the operation when infact the results of the screening are not yet complete...from these we see a number of questionable things but we cant start filing the complaint because as much as possible we don't want our baby to undergo autopsy and have his body dissected like an animal...can you please help us.....thank you and we'll wait for your advise....

2medical malpractice case Empty Re: medical malpractice case Sun May 19, 2013 3:11 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

So sorry to hear that! Sad
Well, the only way to find the answer for this it for your baby to go on autopsy procedure! There is no other way you can prove to court that the doctors has done some mistakes during the operation! The autopsy report will exlain everything you need to know, I'm afraid you have no choice but to do it if you wish to know what really had happen inside the operating room! Then you can sue the hospital if there's any neglegence during the operation. Sad

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum