Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bouncing checks with plans of going abroad

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bouncing checks  with plans of going abroad Empty Bouncing checks with plans of going abroad Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:31 pm

sweeteeclau

Arresto Menor

Hi, a friend of mine issued more than 20 checks and 3 of them bounced already. Not just me, she also issued checks to some of my friends which bounced also. We,re not yet filing a case against her thinking that its too expensive and she will no pay us more if she got mad.

I heard that she has plans of leaving the country. How will I know that she has properties registered under her name? I want to collect it from her. She is owing me a big amount of money and she even signed a promissory note and issued bounced checks.

zulfikarl

lawyer

"How will I know that she has properties registered under her name?"

Check it out at the office of the Register of Deeds.

I suggest you file a case early and apply for the issuance of Writ of Preliminary Attachment. There has to be a case because the Writ is only issued if there is a pending case. With the attachment in place, she cannot dispose of her attached properties. The said Writ may be made on her properties such as cars, bank deposits, shares of stocks etc. You can also ask the court that her debtors be ordered to make the payment to you instead of her, but you have to establish your case first.

sweeteeclau

Arresto Menor

ok, thank you.

sweeteeclau

Arresto Menor

Hi atty! Can i see it at any office of the register of deeds? For example, can i see that she has property in Tagaytay if i went to QC office. Is it centralized?

zulfikarl

lawyer

My knowledge is that it is not centralized. I'm don't know about the system in Metro Manila coz I'm from Cebu. But here, there is a separate RD for Cebu City and Mandaue City.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum