Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Verifying my fiiance's story about being banned from travel for being labeled a mistress

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shaddshadd

Arresto Menor

Can anyone tell me if this is possible as I am trying to verify my finace's story. So here is the full story.... we met in Singapore and I fell for her. She is really a sweetheart and everything seemed fantastic after communicating via skype for 3 months. After 3 months, I fell in Love with her and started talking about her moving to the US. She hesitated but then told me she loved me and would love to come be with me..... but..... she then tells me this, "I love you and want to be with you but I haven't been honest with you about something because I could get in big trouble in Singapore for this, so I didn't share it with you." she goes on to explain that we can't start filling out any immigration paperwork because she has not told me her real name. The explanation goes on to tell me that in her previous relationship with another foreigner while she was working abroad ( which I was aware of because of her facebook and we talked about him once or twice )... she was in love but he was married.

Here is the part I want some confirmation of... My fiance' states that the married mans wife complained to the Philippine authorities and the Philipinne authorities put a travel block on her visa so she could not see him or work out of the country. The married man and her do not communicate ever again ( she admits she still loved him but he stopped the communication so it was indeed over for sure ). But she needed to be able to work so she obtained travel/work documents under an assumed name.

1) Is this likely that the Philipinnes would block her travel just by being labeled a mistress?

2) How difficult will it be for her to remedy this situation to allow her to travel to the US to be with me should I forgive all of this mess and still want to marry her?

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

see pm!

attyLLL

immediate reaction is that it doesn't sound quite right. if there's a hold departure order for her, then she shouldn't be in singapore. and if she's still there, then no PH order will be applied to her there.

the way I would verify is to require her to give details of this supposed travel ban so it can be verified with our Bureau of Immigration. If it's true, there is a process on how to lift it depending on the circumstances.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum