Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

follow sharia law or annulment?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1follow sharia law or annulment? Empty follow sharia law or annulment? Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:05 pm

sheryll09

Arresto Menor

hi atty,
Im 35 years old and working abroad. i was married to a muslim last 2002. since i went to abroad to work last 2008, we were already separated. our marriage was solemnized by an Imam. i was a catholic but my religion on our marriage cert was Islam. My husband is now married to another woman. We have 1 child. can i apply to sharia law for our divorce or do i have to go for annulment. which one is the fastest way since i already want to make our separation legal. kindly advice me as soon as possible. thank you.

2follow sharia law or annulment? Empty Re: follow sharia law or annulment? Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:09 am

Drummer Boy

Arresto Menor

In my opinion,since your marriage was solemnized in accordance with Muslim law, its dissolution can only be done through shariah proceedings. See a Shariah Lawyer so you could be properly advised.

3follow sharia law or annulment? Empty Re: follow sharia law or annulment? Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:08 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, even if it was conducted under Muslim law, sharia law will not apply because you are not a muslim. so imo, divorce is not applicable.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4follow sharia law or annulment? Empty Re: follow sharia law or annulment? Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Drummer Boy

Arresto Menor

Ok Sir but she said "i was a catholic". To my mind,it presupposes she was once a catholic but was converted to Islam upon marriage and continues to be muslim up to this day.

5follow sharia law or annulment? Empty Re: follow sharia law or annulment? Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:24 pm

sheryll09

Arresto Menor

hello po. thank you sa mga nagreply. hindi po ako muslim, pero ang nakalagay pong religion ko sa Marriage Certificate namin is Islam. Can i apply for divorce under Sharia Law?

6follow sharia law or annulment? Empty Re: follow sharia law or annulment? Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 am

Drummer Boy

Arresto Menor

I still submit that since your marriage was solemnized in accordance with Muslim rites then the same is goverrned by Shariah Law. It suffices that your husband is a Muslim at the time of your marriage. Only in cases where a marriage between a muslim and non-muslim,solemnized not in accordance with Shariah will the provisions of Civil Code apply.

However,as a rule,only the husband may initiate the action for Divorce except of justifiable grounds where a divorce may be decreed upon petition of the wife.

See PD 1083.

7follow sharia law or annulment? Empty Re: follow sharia law or annulment? Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:52 pm

ecyoj_67

Arresto Menor

SINO PO DITO NA ANNULLED NA UNG MARRIAGE CUZ I NEED HELP PO?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum