Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Direct Assult to Slight Physical Injuries

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Direct Assult to Slight Physical Injuries Empty Direct Assult to Slight Physical Injuries Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 pm

lenar_2010

Arresto Menor

Hi Attorney Good day. I've heard that some cases like "direct assault in person of Authority" are being advised, by some Lawyer perhaps(like the One handled by a PAO Lawyer in an MTC that I witnessed), that their client accept settlements to reduce the case into "slight physical injury". By this, they say, the case will be closed immediately yet the suspect will not be imprisoned.

- It is because they said that "Direct Assault in Person of Authority, when already filed in court has no amicable settlement. > there is no way this can be withdrawn...?

- Secondly, I am quite depressed why is this being advised? Is it not this case (slight physical injury) appear on Police & N.B.I. clearance when you secure one? How can a person live a normal life without discrimination when most if not all job requires such clearances and you will be automatically discarded if criminal record is affixed given it was served? Even when applying abroad.

attyLLL

it is correct to state that direct assault cannot be settled, but if the case is for physical injury then mediation and settlement is possible.

unfortunately, an nbi record is indeed a possible consequence of having a case filed against you. even when you are cleared, the nbi report will state "no record" which is different from "no derogatory record".

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

lenar_2010

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:it is correct to state that direct assault cannot be settled, but if the case is for physical injury then mediation and settlement is possible.

unfortunately, an nbi record is indeed a possible consequence of having a case filed against you. even when you are cleared, the nbi report will state "no record" which is different from "no derogatory record".

Thank you Attorney again for the clarification.
More power!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum