Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

delayed maternity benefit

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1delayed maternity benefit Empty delayed maternity benefit Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:51 am

onlygirlxtin

Arresto Menor

I've been working for my current employer for 4 months now and I notified them about my pregnancy as soon as I got my ultrasound copy after starting to work for said company. All paperworks for the maternity benefit were submitted early last month. I was told they would only release half of the benefit before the start of my leave and credit the rest once I submit the baby's birth certificate which I begrudgingly agreed to as there were no other options provided.

Now, what happened is that my OB recomputed for my due date and advised me I would be due roughly one week before the date reported in the ultrasound result. I advised my company about this and they agreed to have my maternity leave amended.

I started my leave on the 8th of this month and I was told that I would get my benefit on the 15th which will be credited with my salary. I understand that normally the benefit is given before the start of the leave in the form of a cheque but in this case I was willing to overlook that because of the changes made on my leave application.

My problem now is that both my salary and my maternity benefit were not credited to my payroll account on the 15th. I checked with my bank and was told that the company did not forward any credits to my account. I checked with my employer but they said they already forwarded the money to my account and I have to follow up with the bank.

I'd like to know if I can file a complaint regarding the following concerns:
- is it legal to advance only half of the benefit before the start of the leave? If not, can I still file a complaint even though I already signed an agreement?
- Is it allowed to issue the maternity benefit as a credit to employee's salary instead of the cheque stated in the guidelines provided by SSS?
- Can I file a complaint even if it's only a two-day-delay after the promised date for my salary and benefit?
- If I do file a complaint, who would be liable, my employer or the bank? And where should I file my complaint?

I would appreciate a quick response to this query. Thank you in advance!

2delayed maternity benefit Empty Re: delayed maternity benefit Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:18 pm

attyLLL

i recommend you write courteous emails or letters to both to find out first what is the truth why it is delayed.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3delayed maternity benefit Empty Re: delayed maternity benefit Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:51 pm

onlygirlxtin

Arresto Menor

AttyLLL,

Thank you for your timely reply.

I have already followed up with my employer and the bank regarding the issue. They told me they would look it up and provide me feedback today. I'm just wondering should both parties claim that it was not their fault, what can I do next? And what can I do to make sure they credit me my dues?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum