Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

one child two birth certificates

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1one child two birth certificates Empty one child two birth certificates Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:57 am

r3ddr4g0ns3k1ryuu

Arresto Menor

good day attorney

me and my ex-partner were not married but our daughter is carrying my last name. we broke up before our daughter's first birthday. her mother(ex-partner's mother) decided to change my daughter's name to their surname. me and my ex-partner are still friend at that time so she gave me the copy of the said new birth certificate. my question is. is it legal to do that action? can they change my daughter's name? without my permission? my daughter is now 5 yrs old and is using her new name in school and in her passport.can i demand to use my surname instead? my mother went to nearest NSO office and they found out that the original birth certificate is still there. we have the copy of 1st birth certificate and the 2nd one. what legal action should i do. please help me. thank you

Last edited by r3ddr4g0ns3k1ryuu on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

2one child two birth certificates Empty Re: one child two birth certificates Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:56 pm

attyLLL

when a child is illegitimate, he will carry the surname of the mother. the father can only authorize the child to use his surname. you cannot force the child to use the father's name.

that said, if the first birth certificate was wrong, the proper procedure was to correct it administratively or judicially, not to register a new one.

you can file a judicial petition to cancel the second birth certificate on the basis that a prior one was already registered.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum