Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

AEP and Company responsibility

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AEP and Company responsibility Empty AEP and Company responsibility Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:17 pm

mwlovin

mwlovin
Arresto Menor

If a 40% Korean owned company (60% Philippines company) doing business in the Philippines hires a foreign national (American) and the company fails to give the employee a contract so that a AEP can be obtained, and fails to report that the Foreigner works there, is the employment considered as valid employment and subject to all the rules and regulation of the labor code? (also, if the employee wants to file a NLRC case for illegal termination, would it rest on the merits or thrown out because of no AEP, therefore thinking no employment existed)

2AEP and Company responsibility Empty Re: AEP and Company responsibility Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:58 am

rosejoy

Arresto Menor

having no AEP for a foreign national working here in the Phils definitely is not allowed. If the government will know about this, the foreign national will be immediately deported to his country thus having a record in the Phils. The company who hired him might also face a big problem for not securing an AEP for their foreign national employee

3AEP and Company responsibility Empty Re: AEP and Company responsibility Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:37 am

mwlovin

mwlovin
Arresto Menor

Well first of all you did not really answer my question ...which is, does "no AEP=no employment rights". Second, deportation is not the peneality but could happen later, as stated by DOLE...

"Penalties

If upon evaluation, a foreign national is found to have worked without or with expired AEP prior to application, a penalty of Ten Thousand Pesos (P10,000.00) shall be imposed for working without an AEP for one (1) year or fraction thereof.
My problem is that, since the COMPNAY did not give me the necessary itmes for me to allpy for an AEP, and then fired mer, do I have labobor rights as a frogien national...imagine it being a OFW in Saudi, for example. THAT IS MY QUESTION

4AEP and Company responsibility Empty Re: AEP and Company responsibility Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:38 am

mwlovin

mwlovin
Arresto Menor

sorry my typos..I was in a hurry...ops...

5AEP and Company responsibility Empty Re: AEP and Company responsibility Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:46 am

rosejoy

Arresto Menor

NO AEP=NO RIGHT TO WORK IN THIS COUNTRY... It is the responsibility of the company to apply/process AEP of their foreign natl employees.. deportation + payment of fees whatsoever are the penalties..

6AEP and Company responsibility Empty Re: AEP and Company responsibility Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:24 am

mwlovin

mwlovin
Arresto Menor

Ok well still...I think your not hearing me.... I did work...I was paid a salary, I was solicited and asked to start work under the owners supervision, I was under his discretion to supervise me,... I believe this constitutes a existence of a employer-employee relationship, no matter if it was defective, in that no contract, (which is a requirement, prevented me from getting an AEP..

If what you are alleging is true, doesn’t that open the door for employers of both foreign and domestically owned companies to simply not obtain the AEP permit for the employee, therefore allowing a lawless employment, with any pay, any hazard work, any treatment, or adherence to any labor code, with no reprobation...sounds to me that it cannot be true… as I have seen in Supreme court cases, what constitutes are 4 items …. NOWHERE does it say that a lack of AEP is negation factor for the Labor code application.
1. Right to hire or to the selection and engagement of the employee.
2. Payment of wages and salaries for services.
3. Power of dismissal or the power to impose disciplinary actions.
4. Power to control the employee with respect to the means and methods by which the work is to be accomplished. This is known as the right-of-control test.

Now days they are using “economic dependence” also…, this is certainly true of a foreign national or an OFW while working abroad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum