Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lawyer suddenly abandoned my annulment case

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chasinggreencars

Arresto Menor

I filed an annulment case last year with this lawyer and its been more than a year na pero hindi man lang umunsad ang kaso. The case started early 2012 and huling update niya sa amin is last September pa saying na nabigyan na ng kopya yung kabilang party. after that wala na kaming balita as in from him. No texts, no calls, hindi sinasagot lahat. Yung pinangako niyang 6-9 months ay hindi naman nangyari dun sa halagang pinagusapan namin at obviously nawala siyang parang bula after my third installment (4 installments lahat for payment) Its been a year and ang ginawa na namin is pinapuntahan na sa office niya and kung hindi lang siya na caught in the act, hindi pa siya mag uupdate na kesyo galing siya sa bakasyon, nagkasakit, at wala pa din nangyayari sa case ko nga. now, nangako uli this feb pero wala na namang nangyari and hindi na naman kami uli sinasagot.

For those who can legally advise me on this, is there any way that I can take action against this lawyer? can i ask him to withdraw the case? what can I file against him sa ginawa niya? or should i look for another lawyer to continue my case is that possible?

jd888

Please NO.

Coordinate more closely to your Lawyer, annulment cases extends to more than a year.

Pay him a visit again and open up what is bothering you and get assurance from him.

If he is swimming with so much obligations, he may consider sharing the load to another companero/companera.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

attyLLL

complaints against lawyers can be filed at the IBP or the supreme court.

confirm if your petition was actually filed. if it was, then perhaps there is a problem in serving summons. the next step should be to publish summons.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

chasinggreencars

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:complaints against lawyers can be filed at the IBP or the supreme court.

confirm if your petition was actually filed. if it was, then perhaps there is a problem in serving summons. the next step should be to publish summons.

Hi thanks for this, we have checked the case in RTC but they're all saying na the case was filed but the next steps are all pending from him, even on his other cases na mga nakausap ko lahat pending din from him at pare pareho na yung sinasabi niya sa min since last year its either nagkasakit siya or he went on vacation.. its been more than a year na at lahat kami once nakapagbayad ng third installment, wala ng nangyayari sa case..

i'm currently living abroad, yung sa pag file sa IBP or supreme court, will it take time and may chances pa ba na makuha ko yung mga binayad ko sa kanya? thanks in advance..

attyLLL

negligence of the lawyer is normally binding on the client.

if you file a case against him, it's possible. send a demand letter first

chasinggreencars

Arresto Menor

thanks attyLLL, by the way, is it possible na yung ongoing annulment case since i think wala na talaga pag asa dito sa nag abandon ng case ko, my next action is send him a demand letter then possible ba na ipahawak ko na lang sa ibang attorney yung ongoing case ko? kumbaga ibang attorney na yung magpapatuloy ng annulment ko?

attyLLL

yes, you can change lawyers any time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum