Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ideas to be a legal guardian

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ideas to be a legal guardian Empty ideas to be a legal guardian Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:25 am

Klara22

Arresto Menor

I have a friend who wants me to be the legal guradian of his 2 year old child. His child is with him and the mother of the child left them to be with someone else and right now bearing a child with the current man of her life. Is it possible to file a case of abandonment to the mother of the child? they are not married and the mother has a history of abandoning her children from previous boyfriends.

2ideas to be a legal guardian Empty Re: ideas to be a legal guardian Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:40 pm

attyLLL

the child is his child? it is acknowledged in the birth certificate?

why not go beyond guardianship, and adopt the child? he can allege abandonment by the mother to justify. or even better get the consent of the mom to allow the adoption.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3ideas to be a legal guardian Empty Re: ideas to be a legal guardian Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Klara22

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your time complying with my post.
Yes, the child is his child, and it is acknowledge in the child's birth certificat and the child even carries his surname.

As for the process of adopting the child, is there a way we can proceed with this with minimal fee? We are both just a regular employee and afraid that we cannot handle the expenses. That is why we are also thinking other ways for him ( my friend) to gain full custody of the child. Having the adoption as the last resort. We are not sure if the mother will consent for an adoption because she is still saying that she will go back to them once she gave birth to her third child and leave the newborn to the father of the baby. Any other means for us to remove the rights of the mother to her child? My friend does not want her back anymore. And he just want something to hold onto that the mother will not be able to take his child away from him. Thank you.

4ideas to be a legal guardian Empty Re: ideas to be a legal guardian Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:30 pm

attyLLL

go to pao, IBP, law school legal aid if he will qualify for aid else you have to shop around for a lawyer you can afford.

just allege abandonment if she will not consent, or you don't want to try to get her consent. note that she has to be made a respondent to a petition. she will know.

5ideas to be a legal guardian Empty Re: ideas to be a legal guardian Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:46 am

Klara22

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much, I hope I can still post from this thread should there be a need for another inquiry. Thanks again.

6ideas to be a legal guardian Empty Re: ideas to be a legal guardian Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:23 pm

attyLLL

please feel free to do so. good luck.

7ideas to be a legal guardian Empty Re: ideas to be a legal guardian Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 am

Klara22

Arresto Menor

Hello. I have discussed the options that you have provided with my friend and we have some follow up questions.

1.) How can he file a case of abandonment to the mother of the child? Does it need to be filed in court with a lawyer? (The lawyer I guess is given...)Embarassed

2. ) What is the process in filing the case? Are there any courts hearings involve?

3.) Any idea how much would it cost him if he will pursue with the case?

4.) Will making the mother sign to an agreement that she no longer has the rights or interest to the child be valid? Does getting the papers notarized be valid?

Thank you for your time again.

8ideas to be a legal guardian Empty Re: ideas to be a legal guardian Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:59 am

attyLLL

to clarify, what he should file is a petition for adoption without consent of the parent on the basis of abandonment. you will need to retain a lawyer to prepare your petition. costs depends on the lawyer you retain.

the agreement will not be valid. only a court can strip the mother of parental authority. good luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum