Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Co-maker inquiry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Co-maker inquiry Empty Co-maker inquiry Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:44 am

cherineanne03

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I took a loan from a loan shark who is not licensed. My former colleague asked me to be his guarantor so that he can also loan from her. Unfortunately, my colleague was terminated. Thus, as a co-maker, the loan shark is now asking me to pay for his debts.

We left our ATM cards with her when we took the loan and can only get it back when we have fully paid. I paid the remaining amount of my debt but she would not return my card due to my former colleague's debts. I signed a contract that as a co-maker, I will be deducted in case my former colleague couldn't pay his debts. Does the creditor have the right to keep my ATM card and oblige me to pay for my former colleague's debts even if she's not licensed? The contract was not notarized by a lawyer. What will happen if I refused to pay my former colleague's debts since I already paid mine?

My former colleague is willing to pay for his debts, however, he has no source of income as he was terminated.

2Co-maker inquiry Empty Re: Co-maker inquiry Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:21 am

pro_reo

pro_reo
Arresto Menor

determine first if you really signed as guarantor only or co-maker because there is a big difference between the two.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum