Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Being a Co-maker a Crime?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is Being a Co-maker a Crime?   Empty Is Being a Co-maker a Crime? Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 pm

chemarie

Arresto Menor

Dear atty.,
A friend of mine recently applied for NBI clearance and after more than 3 weeks, he was asked to visit the NBI main office for an interview. He didnt go yet because he's afraid that he'll be picked up by the authorities after the interview when they find out that he had a bouncing check case filed against him because he agreed to be a co-maker to a friend who borrowed money from a lending company few years back. He attended 6 hearings all in all and was just asked to settle by paying 7k monthly. Since he didnt want to pay beacuse he was just a co-maker, he and his other friend( another co maker in the same loan) gave the address of the mom of the friend who borrowed the money, who later on showed up. After that my friend didnt hear anything from the court anymore. What does he need to do? He badly needs an NBI clearance for employment purposes. Thank you very much in advance. God bless Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum