Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Extra Income for Government Employees

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Extra Income for Government Employees Empty Extra Income for Government Employees Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Bruho

Arresto Menor

Hello, everyone.

I'm a government employee - started as job order, then casual, and at present, Administrative Aide VI, but long before that, I've been an Information Technology freelancer. My presumed function is mostly IT-related, but the clause in my contract which says something like "...perform other duties/functions as required by your supervisor" is the part which, annoyingly, takes up most of my time at work.

Anyway, on to the question-

Is it illegal for me to obtain a business permit in order to provide IT-related services to others even if it's no longer during office hours?

Technically, it seems so, but I'd still like to get a business permit as I could really use the extra income because the civil service statement which states that a government employee should live in poverty just cannot justify itself, particularly during these times of hardship where 10,000 is not even enough to live on in a month. I'd like to stick by the rules, but that idealism is overshadowed by reality.

attyLLL

i recommend you make an inquiry at the civil service commission

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum