Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Resignation Questions, Need Advice

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Resignation Questions, Need Advice Empty Resignation Questions, Need Advice Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:35 pm

naiveandclueless

Arresto Menor

Hi,

My name is Cris, I am a newly registered member in this forum. I had only been browsing in the past but I felt the need to create/write my own topic. I hope that you can help me.

I have recently filed resignation in my current employer. In the offer letter/contract that I signed when I was hired, it stated that, in cases of resignation:

"60 days notice or salary in lieu of notice"

There were no further explation as to what this means.

Anyway, I am nicely asking our HR that I tender on 45 days notice. (I read online that the labor code only states 30 days and that the contract will be null and void for going against the labor code - how true is this?)But they are insisting on 60 days, even though I have no pending work left after the 45days (internally with my reporting supervisior - i am okay to leave after 45 days)

I am open to the last 15 days to be LWOP but HR is saying that I need to pay the company for the last 15 days and that this will be deducted from my final pay. Can they really do that? I just find it unfair that they will deduct 15 days from my salary.

What I plan to do is still finish the 45 days notice I initially requested. I will take action once I come back for my final pay, quit claim and clearance.

Also, on the day that I officially am not an employee anymore, may I request from them that I get back the original copy of my NBI clearance? This part of their requirement when I was hired. I am not sure who's property the clearance is now of. Is it theirs or remains to be mine? (the "personal copy" is with me, they have the other half)

I hope to hear from you. Thank you in advance.

2Resignation Questions, Need Advice Empty Re: Resignation Questions, Need Advice Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

The 60 days notice or salary in lieu of notice was in your contract and you signed the contract so that means you agree to that provision. You have to honor that.

Why would you want the NBI clearance back? It has a validity and you cant use it again anyways.

3Resignation Questions, Need Advice Empty Re: Resignation Questions, Need Advice Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:06 pm

attyLLL

imo, if your position is not listed as critical by dole, you are entitled to the 30 day notice provision of the labor code, notwithstanding the contract.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Resignation Questions, Need Advice Empty Re: Resignation Questions, Need Advice Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 pm

chiz102

Arresto Menor

I am an auditor working in an auditing firm. I am planning to resign - giving them 30 day notice, but my problem is, I'm not yet done with some of the audit clients assigned to me. Can I resign even without finishing all the clients assigned to me? Thanks

5Resignation Questions, Need Advice Empty Re: Resignation Questions, Need Advice Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:15 pm

attyLLL

yes, it is your right to have it effective in 30 days but it's sometimes better to make sure you leave well with all jobs done

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum