Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Refunds Policy in the Philippines

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Refunds Policy in the Philippines Empty Refunds Policy in the Philippines Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

priti tan

Arresto Menor

hi! i just wants to inquire on what to do because i bought my brother a cellphone from a store in a supermall on Feb 9, 2013. then on the first day he was using it, the phone seems to be defective. it keeps on freezing, and the battery drains fast. i asked my brother to monitor the phone and put in on "airplane mode" or standby mode and not use any application. but then the same issue persist. then he called the company at the same day, they ask him to do a reset on the phone (which is not so convenient since he just got the phone for one day) but then he did a reset but same issue still. then we went back to the store, they are requiring us for a technical report from their service center so they can replace the device, so we did acquire one that tells the phone is defective. we went back to the store a week later, they did replace the device. but then, the same issue is happening on the phone. my brother called again, then the store said they need another technical report so they can do a refund but it will still be undergoing a "process". so my brother went again to get another one, but that service center wont give him any technical report anymore, and they are telling him that his option is to give them the device and they are going to send it to the manufacturer to have it repaired (which, is not even an option).
my issue is: we dont want a repaired phone or even a replacement, we just want a refund. and by the way, how long will it take to process a refund? thanks **and we bought the phone in cash

Last edited by priti tan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information)

2Refunds Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refunds Policy in the Philippines Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:35 am

jd888

You can demand for a refund. Keep the Receipts; you are gravely inconvenienced by this commercial establishment. The products seems to be not Quality Controlled. Is this China Phones or Refurbished Phones?

3. Why is the presence of a “No Return, No Exchange” notice considered deceptive?

Such statement is considered deceptive because consumers may return or exchange the goods or avail of other remedies, in case of hidden faults or defects, or any charge the buyer was not aware of the time of purchase. By provision of law, sellers are obligated to honor their implied warranties and grant corresponding remedies to consumers.

6.Can a store exercise only a policy of exchange but not refund?

Consumers are entitled to either an exchange or refund, as long as there is a defect in the quality of goods or imperfection in the service.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

3Refunds Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refunds Policy in the Philippines Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:03 pm

priti tan

Arresto Menor

the equipment is brand new, that's why we want to file a complaint.
the service center do not want to issue a technical report, they keep on insisting that we give them the phone to be repaired by the

4Refunds Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refunds Policy in the Philippines Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:00 pm

jd888

Pls. go ahead with the complaint, so that the merchandiser may learn something from marketing mediocre merchandise.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

5Refunds Policy in the Philippines Empty Re: Refunds Policy in the Philippines Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:53 am

ipisboomz

Arresto Menor

Hi, Can I have advice? I purchase an item DSLR camera and after more than 2 week I discovered that the camera has hidden deffect. The 7 days replacement already not covered. Do I have rights to have a replacement of my camera? They asked me to bring it to the service center of the camera for inspection. And the service center of the product will decide if it is for replacement or for repair - Hope you can help me since the service center will resume on may 12 due to the transition of the company handling Nikon by columbia. I bought the camera on Camera Haus at Megamall.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum