Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unpaid debt

+2
jd888
mr.nice guy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1unpaid debt  Empty unpaid debt Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:55 pm

mr.nice guy

Arresto Menor

Hello atty I'm back in dubai now and I left unpaid credit card bills here back 2008, now collection agency knew I was here and start harrasing me and my family they said I was already reported to uae immigration and have a police blotter here. Also they says if I have a future travel in the philippines I will end up in jail here in dubai. Please advice me as I'm having my annual leave in 3 months time thank u

2unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:26 pm

jd888

No! You will not be imprisoned by defaulting your credit card. Here in the Philippines, as per our bill of rights article 3 section 20:

No person shall be imprisoned for debt or non-payment of a poll tax.

Yet, it is possible that they could commission a Collection Agency in Dubai to collect from you.

In my honest opinion, if the debt is payable, then pay it gradually.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

3unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 am

mr.nice guy

Arresto Menor

Yes atty the problem is what if they reported me to immigration here, although its all a threath but have no guarantee that they really reported to uae immigration now I tried to communicate with them by email but no response at all.

4unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:25 am

jd888

It seemed that you trying to establish contact with them and that you are willing to pay; it is proper that as a credit card holder, you must pay the amounts you promised to pay the credit card company. However, if you fail to pay, the credit card company must collect from you by using lawful means and by acts showing good faith on their part.

They must not harass or threaten you to pay.

Our very own 1987 Philippine Constitution states that: “No person shall be imprisoned for debt or non-payment of a poll tax” (Article III, Sec. 20). This means that a creditor cannot file a criminal case against his debtor for non-payment of debt. The Constitutional provision contemplates a situation where there is a simple debt to be paid, whether such contract was made verbally or was made in writing.

In the case of credit card debt, Republic Act No. 8484 or the Access Devices Regulation Act of 1998 penalizes any act of obtaining money or anything of value through the use of an access device (a credit card, for example), with intent to defraud or with intent to gain and fleeing thereafter. Section 14 of the same law also states that:

“A cardholder who abandons or surreptitiously leaves the place of employment, business or residence stated in his application or credit card, without informing the credit card company of the place where he could actually be found, if at the time of such abandonment or surreptitious leaving, the outstanding and unpaid balance is past due for at least ninety (90) days and is more than Ten thousand pesos (P10,000.00), shall be prima facie presumed to have used his credit card with intent to defraud.”

In other words, while one cannot be imprisoned for non-payment of credit card debt, he may be penalized for credit card fraud if the debtor, who at that time has an unpaid balance of more than ten thousand pesos (P10,000.00) due for at least ninety (90) days or more, abandons or surreptitiously leaves his place of employment, business or residence stated in his application or credit card without informing the credit card company where he could actually be found. It is not the non-payment of the debt that is punished under Section 9 & 10, in relation to Section 14 of R.A. No. 8484 but the act of defrauding the credit card company.

On the other hand, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas issued Circular 454, Series of 2004 (September 24, 2004) relating to credit card operations of banks and subsidiary credit card companies. Section 7 of the Circular defines unfair collection practices among banks, credit card companies and other agents. It said that in collecting amounts due them under a credit card agreement, banks, credit card companies and their agents must observe good faith and reasonable conduct and refrain from unscrupulous or untoward acts. It also enumerates what are deemed unfair collection practices. These are:

a) the use or threat of violence or other criminal means to harm the physical person, reputation, or property of any person;

b) the use of obscenities, insults, or profane language which amount to a criminal act or offense under applicable laws;

c) disclosure of the names of credit cardholders who allegedly refuse to pay debts, except as allowed under Subsec. X320.9 and 4301N.9;

d) threat to take any action that cannot legally be taken;

e) communicating or threat to communicate to any person credit information which is known to be false, including failure to communicate that a debt is being disputed;

f) any false representation or deceptive means to collect or attempt to collect any debt or to obtain information concerning a cardholder; and

g) making contact at unreasonable/inconvenient times or hours which shall be defined as contact before 6:00 A.M. or after 10:00 P.M., unless the account is past due for more than sixty (60) days or the cardholder has given express permission or said times are the only reasonable or convenient opportunities for contact.

Based on your story, it appears that your credit card company or its collecting agent may be engaging in unfair collection practices if one or any of their acts falls under any of the acts enumerated above. If this is so, you may notify the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas that these activities are being done by the credit card company or their agents.

5unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:57 am

mr.nice guy

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much for the advice. Is it also applicable here in uae because my credit card is uae credit but the person harrasing me is in the philippines (authorized collecting agency by the bank here). I wonder why my bank here is not the one chasing after me but the collecting agency from the philippines.

6unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:40 pm

jd888

Good question, collection pressure in the Philippines is not new to us isn't it? Good luck with this.

7unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:06 pm

princeyuri25

Arresto Menor

Hello po Atty.;

Ako po si yuri,taga zambales po.Nais ko po sana idulog ang aking suliranin at makahingi po ng payong legal.
Taong January 2011 may nakilala po akong kaibigan na ibang lahi, hanggang sa naikwekwento nya sa akin na may katiwala sya na gumagawa ng di maganda ,in short niloko sya sa pera.bago po siya bumalik ng barko naisipan nya po na ilipat yun gamit nya sa ibang paupahan kaso naisip din nya na sa bahay ng magulang ko nalang ilagay para pangalagaan gamit nya.nagpunta ako ng brygy.para kumuha ng barangay permit pata maitransfer gmit nya papunta sa amin.nagpagawa din po ako sa abugado ng kasulatan na iyong gamit nya na iyon ay ipinagkakatiwala nya sa akin na ibinigay nya po sa akin na pwdi ko ibenta at ang pera na iyon ay pwdi ko gamitin sa sarili kong kagustuhan o magagamit nya sa susunod na pag uwi nya.sa pag uusap po din namin honestly po ibinigay nya na gamit nya sa akin kaya nga din po ako nagpagawa sa atty.ng kasunduan katunayan na di ko ninakaw gamit nya.siya din po ang gumawa ng naturang kasunduan na pwdi ko ibenta.that time din po na nasa abugado kami
ginawa nya po akong representative nya sa korte para idimanda yung dati nyang katiwala at sa loob ng isang taon nanalo naman po yun kaso.binigyan po ako ng power of attorney para maging representative nya.sa lahat ng kabutihan na nagawa ko po sa kanya naisipan nya po ako tulungan dahil sa wala po akong trabaho kusa niya po akong pinahiram ng pera.44,000 pesos lahat.di ko po inutang iyon.ni magbanggit sa kanya na uutang ako di ko po ginawa.kusa po sya nagpahiram sa akin.ginawa ko po sa pera pinalending ko.kumita po ako.kada buwan na transaction ko po sa lending ipinapaalam ko po kanya hanggang sa nag iba ihip ng hangin nung nalaman nya na malakas kumita lending,na idinikit nya sarili nya na business daw namin dalawa yun.so nag yes nalang ako dahil sa nagawa nya sa akin.after 9 months nagkasakit un father ko at yun kinita ko sa lending ipinanggamot ko sa tatay ko,the rest ng kinita ko ipinarepair ko bahay namin kc binabaha.after 9months ko pa nagamit un
kinita ko.ipinaalam ko po sa kanya na nagamit ko at ang sabi ko po kanya the rest ng interes sa kanya na.hanggang sa naihinto ko na din po dahil may mga hindi nagbayad sa akin.taong 2012 ng july umuwi po siya sa pinas..pero bago po un ay pinaghanap nya ako ng mauupahan at yun mga gamit po na ibinigay nya sa akin ibinalik ko po para may magamit sya.sa loob ng 8 buwan na kontrata ko po sa apartment eh 2months ang naging bakasyon niya.sa natitirang buwan na wala po siya ipinagkatiwala nya sakin apartment.tagalinis at tagabantay ng inuupahan nya.wala po ako sweldo sa kanya ultimo pagkain wala din sya ibinigay sa akin puro pamasahe lang kasi po ang bahay po namin 30minutes byahe mula sa inuupahan nya.may kasulatan din po ako galing sa abogado na in appoint nya ako sa property na meron sya like nalang po sa inuupahan nya na inatasan nya ako na maging katiwala..hanggang sa etong february 2013 umuwi po sya at lumipat ng balanga.kaya po sya lumipat ng balanga
dahil
aside sa may bago sya nakilala na pilipino eh nag quit po ako sa bznz na gusto nya mangyari dahil na din po sa attitude problem sa mga taong kinuha nya na lagi nag aaway kaya po ako nag quit.etong umuwi sya ng february di na po kmi nagkita at ayaw nya magpakita dahil daw wala ng reason para magkita kami dahil ako nmn daw po ang umayaw sa kagustuhan nya at dahil din daw sa pera na ipinahiram nya.sa akin po walang problema kasi po ayaw ko po magkaroon pa ng problema sa susunod pang araw..ang tanong ko po ganito:

1. doon po sa perang kusa naman nyang ipinahiram,pwedi po ba na un kapital na 44,000 lamang ang bayaran ko.kasi po dahil sa napalago ko pera at the time na nalaman nya na kumikita ako inangkin na din nya un bznz na ginawa ko.hanggang sa nagkasakit father ko at naihinto ko po bznz ko dahil may ibang client na di nakapagpay.posible po ba na un 44000 nalang ibayad ko..honestly po ang utang ko nalang is nasa 12000,the rest nabayaran ko na since nung nagsampa sya ng kaso at naibayad sa inuupahan nyang apartment b4...wala naman po kami kasulatan na pinirmahan at wala din naman sya proof na nangutang ako.pero tanggap ko na kusa nya ako pinahiram.wala naman po ako stable na work now but im willing to pay installment sa natitira pang 12,000..nagmail po ako sa kanya na huhulugan ko perang naipahiram nya at nagmail naman po sya sa akin b4 na ok lang na hulugan ko installment kaso bigla nagbago ihip ng hangin the time na umuwi siya dito last february2013..want nya
na ipay ko kasama un interes na naimail ko kanya.pwdi nya po ba
magamit iyon para sampahan ako ng estafa o anu mang kaso at un kapital na lamang ang bayaran ko.

2. regarding po sa gamit nya na ipinatago nya sa akin sa loob ng 15 buwan na dapat po sana eh mangungupahan sya ng bahay para doon nya maitago at naisipan nya na sa bahay nalang namin nya ipagkatiwala,pwdi ko po ba sya singilin sa loob ng 15 buwan na nakatago gmit nya sa amin.

3. ano po ba ang masasabi ninyo sa kalagayan ko na ginawa nya akong katiwala mula ng ipinagkatiwala nya sa akin lahat ng gamit nya sa bahay,maging representative sa korte,katiwala sa inupahan na apartment na wala man lang ako sahod o pagkain na ibinigay,puro pamasahe lang.lahat ng inutos nya ginawa ko.pwdi nya ba sabihin na wala syang dapat tanawin na utang na loob dahil magkaibigan kami.ano po bang karapatan meron ako,pang aabuso po ba ito.lahat po ng transaction ko kanya mula sa paglipat ng gmit sa bahay nmin at iningatan ko sa loob ng 15months.sa kaso na isinampa nya sa katiwala nya na ako po ang nagrepresentative sa korte hanggang sa natapos,pati sa paglipat ng gmit nya sa apartment na tinirahan nya hanggang sa nakalipat na sya ng bataan,lahat po nun my hawak akong sulat sa abodago na in appoint nya ako sa lahat ng transaction nya na nagawa the time na nagbabakasyon sya d2 pinas.may asawa po sya d2 pinas pero hiwalay sila.in short po katiwala naging
labas ko kc po wala ako ginawa kundi sundin lahat ng utos nya siguro dahil na din sa sinasabi nya na pinahiram nya ako ng pera kaya ganun nya ako tratuhin.

kasi po natatakot lamang ako na baka gawin din nya ginawa nya sa dati nya katiwala na idemanda ako.sana po matulungan niyo ako sa dapat kong gawin.maraming salamat po.

8unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:32 am

jd888

You have the obligation to return the 44,000 because as you said he lend you that money, even though you did not actually ask him to do so, yet you received and you are morally bound to return it.

Only the 44,000.

All other arrangement took place out of friendship.

Do not complicate things, tell your friend that you are willing to give the remaining 12,000 and all ties are gone.

But it is prudent to ask a Legal Counsel for protection.

9unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:00 am

princeyuri25

Arresto Menor

thanks po sa payo..willing naman po ako magbayad at nagawa ko naman po na magpaid na b4 like installment..sa 44,000 pesos kinaltas ko po dun un mga ipinagawa nya na may kasamang amount kaya i deducted.kaya nasa 12,000.un nga lang po baka habulin nya ako sa interes na in email ko.di ko na po kaya un bayaran kung kasama interes..pwdi nya po ba din ako sampahan ng kaso sa 12,000 na un although nakakapagpay naman ako at kung may kaso po what kind n kaso,civil case po ba o stefa..salamat po ng marami...

10unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:02 am

princeyuri25

Arresto Menor

sir clear ko lang po only 44,000 pesos without interest even i said to my mail that the remaining interest na natitira is sa kanya..tnx po

11unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:14 am

princeyuri25

Arresto Menor

nagmail naman po ako sa kanya b4 na huhulugan ko un perang naipahiram nya eh he answered na ok lang daw..pero now po kc baka magbago isip na magfile sya n kaso ..pwdi ko po ba gamitin un mail nya na oumayag sya na hulugan ko by installment yung perang naipahiram nya..salamat po

12unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:43 am

jd888

Rules of Electronic Evidence must be complied with for him to validate that the Email Correspondence is actually yours.

Any monetary transaction more than 500 Pesos should be in a formal writing and signatures of parties.

Without such instrument, such lend is difficult to prove.

You are only limited with the money he lend to you; if there is indeed an undeniable agreement for interest, it should be based on Philippine Banking Annual Interest which I guess is very very small.

Land Bank of the Philippines only offer at 2% per Annum.

13unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:59 pm

princeyuri25

Arresto Menor

tnx po..pero sa tingin nyo po sa case ko what possible na kaso pwdi nya isampa sa akin..aminado din nmn po ako na nagpahiram sya ng pera at nagamit ko..and the rest nabayaran ko na..january and february 2013 i paid 22,000 pesos sa apartment na inuupahan nya..the rest na nabayaran ko last 2011 pa..ang natira nalang is nasa 12,000 pesos debt ko..tanong ko lang kc po nangako ako na last december 2012 i will pay the whoke amount na utang ko kaso may balanse pa ako 12,000 pesos..sa pangako ko po na un at sa mail ko na un ibang interes na natira is sa kanya..possible po ba panloloko ginawa ko kht na nakapagpay ako noong january at february 2013..di ko nmn po tinatakasan,at umuo nmn sya sa mail ko na installment..sa tingin nyo po ..estafa po kaya un na masasabi..in case lang naman po na idemanda ako.

14unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:07 pm

assenav

assenav
Prision Mayor

@jd888.. pasingit poh..

According poh sa thread, maari ko ba ipalagay na hindi rin ako maaaring pwersahin ng LAW OFFICE daw ng PAG IBIG to pay arrears?

Thanks poh..

15unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:36 pm

princeyuri25

Arresto Menor

sige singit lang heeheheh

16unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:39 pm

assenav

assenav
Prision Mayor

princeyuri25 wrote:sige singit lang heeheheh

cheers

salamuch.. Razz

17unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:55 pm

princeyuri25

Arresto Menor

ok welcome po..,muawh..sa mga nagbibigay ng payong legal thank you!!!

18unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:55 pm

jd888

Pagibig Fund can impose anything covered by the contract. They cannot force you, but they can implement what is necessary and by the rules of their book.

19unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:57 pm

jd888

tnx po..pero sa tingin nyo po sa case ko what possible na kaso pwdi nya isampa sa akin..aminado din nmn po ako na nagpahiram sya ng pera at nagamit ko..and the rest nabayaran ko na.

He can only compel you to pay, and since you are willing to pay, I do not see any case that would be instituted against you.

20unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:03 pm

assenav

assenav
Prision Mayor

The said LAW OFFICE daw kase eh nde pinapayagan na iapply sa existing NPARP program yung loan.. I have read the rules of program and sa pagkakaintindi namin eh pwede naman ma avail ng borrower yung NPARP ( non performing asset resolution program )..

They sent demand letter to the borrower to settle the arrears..
Bakit ganun? Bakit kaya nila pinipigilan na maka avail sa program yung borrower?

Ty poh..

21unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:54 pm

princeyuri25

Arresto Menor

thanks po ulit sa advice.,jd888..tnx..

22unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 am

Chinad0ll

Arresto Menor

sir same lang po ba kung salary loan sa bank? nagresign po kce ako sa work 4 months ago..delayed na po ako ng 2 month payment..may balak nmn po akong bayaran pero naghahanap pa po kce ako ng work..madedemanda po ba ko ng banko?

23unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:54 pm

zymonfrancis

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.

Unpaid Bank loan HSBC Qatar 20,000 Dirhams last 2007 im issue the check for monthly payment after i deduction to my bank in qatar but im going back to philippines to mass lay off of company until now i can not pay continue but i pay almost 3 months in qatar was i work there,if going to saudi arabia for work i hold or arrest at immigration in saudi arabia,,.

salamat po sa payo,

24unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:46 pm

zymonfrancis

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.

Unpaid Bank loan HSBC Qatar 20,000 Dirhams last 2007 im issue the check for monthly payment after i deduction to my bank in qatar but im going back to philippines to mass lay off of company until now i can not pay continue but i pay almost 3 months in qatar was i work there,if going to saudi arabia for work i hold or arrest at immigration in saudi arabia,,.

salamat po sa payo,

25unpaid debt  Empty Re: unpaid debt Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:55 am

jd888

@zymonfrancis, if the HSBC Network has flagged you on their system, it is only on their network, unless they have filed criminal case against you in all courts of their neighboring Muslim Countries. If they have done it, the Local HSBC in Philippines have already taken action against you. Go and work! Do not worry about this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum