Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

technical definition of a bona fide resident

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Marcial Golosino

Arresto Menor

good pm attorney. one of the requirements in applying for a teacher in the deped is that an applicant must be a bona fide resident in a particular barangay.
deped's definition of bona fide resident states that an applicant must reside a particular barangay for at least 6 months. applicant X is a resident in another barangay.my clarification is this, if applicant X will only sleep at the residence of her friend( who is a real resident in barangay A) during weekends for a several times, is applicant X has the right to transfer and claim as bona fide resident in barangay A?

Last edited by Marcial Golosino on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding words supporting the main idea)

jd888

No, for the person to be a bona fide resident, he/she must be residing for at least six months in a particular place. Transient sleep-overs does not make a person bona fide.

DepEd for example requires documents that would support a usual Baranggay Clearance such as NBI Clearance, and any other similar instruments that clearly states your residency in a particular place.

Sleep-over? No.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

Marcial Golosino

Arresto Menor

thank you jd888. applicant X was granted by the barangay captain a barangay certification with a text as BONA FIDE resident with inclusive dates from her sleep over at te residence of her friend. applicant X was a former applicant as teacher in barangay W since she is a bona fide resident there. she intentionally ask such barangay certification in barangay A for a reason of complying one of the requirements in the deped that is barangay certification. applicant X was hired and connected in the deped 2 weeks ago. can i file a case against miss X?

Marcial Golosino

Arresto Menor

my wife is supposedly hired in the deped if applicant X did not intentionally applied in our barangay. its because she asked the presence of her friend to accompany her to the office of the barangay captain, she was granted a barangay certification without the knowledge of the barangay captain that she's only doing a sleep over for a vested interest.

jd888

Bring this up to the Baranggay and make a protest. Weeeew, ang galing talaga... how can we expect improvement in governance if even in Brgy.-Level there is loop-holes?

I have 3 Titas, I have been sleeping over alternately for the past two (2) years, does it make me a resident of their respective Baranggay?

Last edited by jd888 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.chanrobles.com/

Marcial Golosino

Arresto Menor

i already wrote a letter of protest to the office of the barangay captain but he did not revoke the barangay certification issued to miss X. at first the barangay captain called up the attention of the friend of miss X (the owner of the house she's sleeping for several weekends) that if he could find basis about my complaint he will consider it as misrepresentation and consider her as a blacklisted resident in our barangay. out fear, she informed the barangay captain that its not just a sleep over for miss x was really staying in their house.

Marcial Golosino

Arresto Menor

im encouraging everyone to give your ideas/insights about this topic.thanks.

Marcial Golosino

Arresto Menor

if the barangay captain insisted not to revoke the issued barangay certification, what will be the best thing to do?

Marcial Golosino

Arresto Menor

everyone is requested to give comments on this matter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum