Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RESIGNATION...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RESIGNATION... Empty RESIGNATION... Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:11 am

lisystrata28

Arresto Menor

Minsan nkong nagresign nang madalian sa school na pinapasukan ko. Emergency lng tlga at part-timer pko nun. 2nd sem, nagre-apply ulit ako sa kanila as full time employee, tinanggap nmn nila ako agad. I was very thankful to them for trusting me again. Pero hindi ko alam na mas mababa pala ang rate pag nagfull time ka. Nung part time ako, 90 per hr. Nung nag full time ako, lumalabas na 70 per hour na lng pero monthly na ang sahod, kaso, kung araw-araw akong pumapasok, lugi ako sa pamasahe. Hindi na rin ako masaya sa admin namin. And this time, mas personal ang dahilan kung bakit ako magreresign ulet.Hanggang April 5 ang contract ko, posible bkong kasuhan kung magresign ako agad at hanggang kelan nila ako babayaran? Babayaran pb nila ako hanggang sa effectivity date ng resignation ko? thank you.

2RESIGNATION... Empty Re: RESIGNATION... Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:19 pm

janicem

Arresto Menor

Good day.

I am currently connected in a private school. Our school directress issued a memo to all faculty and staff regarding LETTER OF INTENT TO RESIGN/NON-RENEWAL OF CONTRACT. Prior to that, she informed all the employees through the department heads about the deadline as to when to submit the said letter of intent. The deadline was just last January 31, 2013.

She stated in her memo, and I qoute "as per our school's practice, let me remind those who failed to submit the letter of intent to resign but will tender their letter of resignation in the subsequent dates that you shall be penalized with the following for violating our school policy:
1. forfeiture of some de minimis benefits that are enjoyed by the employees
2. withholding of the last salary until the clearance on all obligations and responsibilities shall be signed by the school authorities.
3. violation of the school policy shall be clearly indicated in the Certificate of Employment.
end of quote.

My questions are and please enlighten me with this matter, i know some of my colleagues who have not yet tendered their letter of intent to resign because (1) they are not still sure with the new job they are applying (if they will be hired or not) and that they are just ensuring themselves that they will not end up jobless after they tender their letter; and
(2) in case of uncontrollable circumstances, what if there are things that will happen after the set deadline, that would make you decide to resign..anyway, most of the contracts here will end this March and others will end in the month of June of this year.

Does item no. 3 (Reflecting the violation in the Cert. of Employment)stated above lawful? or fair enough for the employees who served the school religiously for more than 3 years?

Can we request Certificate of Employment as early as now, even if we are still in contract with the school? (Because this is one of the requirements for application to other institutions).

Thank you so much mam/sir for your time. Hope to hear from you soon.

Last edited by janicem on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum