Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to file an annulment

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how to file an annulment Empty how to file an annulment Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:37 pm

lovemenot16

Arresto Menor

is there anyone who can help me, para magkaron ako ng idea on how to file for an annulment, and how much will it cost me.. i want to file na po kasi ng annulment for my husband who's been so not loyal for me eversince.. please help me.. Sad

2how to file an annulment Empty Re: how to file an annulment Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:25 pm

jd888

It is very costly, a friend of mine spent almost quarter of a million pesos just to process her annulment with her abusive husband. About your query regarding your filing, you may need to understand several things first about Annulment, Declaration of Nullity and Separation.

There are three categories that are important to know with regards to marriage in the Philippines: annulment, declaration of nullity and separation. Annulment declares a valid marriage to be null and void. A declaration of nullity declares that a marriage was never valid (void ab initio). A separation does not declare that the marriage is invalid, only that the spouses are no longer living together.

Criteria for Annulment:

There are six valid criteria for annulment, including: lack of parental consent in particular cases (where one spouse is between 18 and 21 and the marriage was authorized without the consent of the parents of that spouse), insanity (one spouse is found to have been mentally unstable at the time of the marriage), fraud (unless the other party is privy to all circumstances of the fraud and continues to live with the fraudulent spouse). Fraud includes concealing convictions, pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease infection or drug addiction. Other acceptable criteria for annulment are: force, intimidation or undue influence (unless the forced spouse freely cohabited after the fact), impotence (either spouse is found to be not capable of consummating the marriage and that impotence is permanent. Infertility does not equal impotence), STD (either party is found to have a sexually transmitted disease that is serious and incurable).

Petitioning for Annulment:

If a person can prove that he has at least one of the acceptable criteria for annulment, he must file a petition for annulment. The Solicitor General will review and handle all matters dealing with annulments. Resolutions can take up to a year or more.

Conditions Not Suitable for Annulment:

There are conditions that are not considered viable grounds for annulment. They may be suitable for legal separation or may be unsuitable for any court action. Physical violence, corruption of other spouse (defined by courts), imprisonment, drug addiction, homosexuality, bigamy, sexual infidelity and abandonment are not suitable for annulment, but are suitable for legal separation. Consent, connivance, mutual guilt, collusion and prescription invalidate claims for both annulment and legal separation.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

3how to file an annulment Empty Re: how to file an annulment Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:34 am

lovemenot16

Arresto Menor

anu kaibahan ng legal separation sa annulment??
in annulment cases .. pwedeng magpakasal ulet, where in sa legal separation both parties are not allowed to get married anymore.. tama po ba ako?

4how to file an annulment Empty Re: how to file an annulment Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:48 am

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Tama.

5how to file an annulment Empty Re: how to file an annulment Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:25 am

rider.beth.3

Arresto Menor

mgkno po b mgagastos s legal separation?ang after that pwede po b kmi mgsama ng new partner q?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum