Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is immediate resignation is allowed?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is immediate resignation is allowed? Empty Is immediate resignation is allowed? Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:50 am

joanbelle

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

Good day! Pwede po ba ang immediate resignation? what if po kung ayaw pirmahan ng Boss or TL? My friend po kasi ako ayaw na pumasok kasi umabsent kahit nag inform sa TL binigyan po ng NTE for NCNS( no call no show) dineny ng TL na hindi daw nia na receive and text. She is planning to resign immediately since may work na po na iba. Pwede po ba yan? Ang sagot po ng TL nia problema na daw niya yun kung 2 na employer na since hindi namn nag sign ang TL ng resignation niya. Maraming salamat po...

2Is immediate resignation is allowed? Empty Re: Is immediate resignation is allowed? Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:15 am

jd888

Pwede po ba ang immediate resignation?
No, it is not valid since you have to inform them at least thirty days prior to your resignation that you are going to resign. Under Art. 285 of the Labor Code, you have to inform your employer one month in advance before resigning when without a just cause. You are only allowed to resign without the one month notice when there is a just cause. In your case, i believe the incident you cited is not sufficient or just cause that would validate your immediate resignation.

Ang sagot po ng TL nia problema na daw niya yun kung 2 na employer na since hindi namn nag sign ang TL ng resignation niya. Maraming salamat po...
Your superior has the right not to sign it if he/she wishes to. This is because you did not follow the law. However, if you insist that what they did was inhuman and unbearable, then you can use it as an argument to support your immediate resignation.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

3Is immediate resignation is allowed? Empty Re: Is immediate resignation is allowed? Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:03 am

ms.kat

Arresto Menor

I need help, last January 18,2013 I signed a contract with a catholic school in calamba, then on January 23, I filed a resignation and gave them a letter stating that I am I have medical condition that needed to be attended. I had a talk with the directress and I explained everything to her, I told her that I am also hoping to find a better paying job that can help me with my expenses for my surgery, I said that it can either be teaching in public or if there's no available job in public school I will try online tutoring, she said that she is disappointed but she understand. she accepted my letter but then told me that they will accept my reason but I won't be able to teach for the whole school year in any school or they will file for the cancellation of my license. 
I can't understand why they are making it hard since according to the contract the effectivity of my employment is on May. I believe that resignation should have a 30-day notice but I am resigning with more than 90 days notice. 
Can they really file a cancellation of my license?
Can they really stop me from being employed in other schools?
Can they file any case against me?
I am really afraid because it took me almost 10 years to finish my education and have my license. 
Don 't I have the right resign?
Please help me please

4Is immediate resignation is allowed? Empty Re: Is immediate resignation is allowed? Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:37 pm

jd888

ms. kat your queries is answered on your original post.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

5Is immediate resignation is allowed? Empty Re: Is immediate resignation is allowed? Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:31 am

joanbelle

Arresto Menor

@jd888: Thank you so much Sir.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum