Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Barangay's Legal System

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Barangay's Legal System Empty The Barangay's Legal System Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:25 pm

poli_teia

Arresto Menor

Hello and Good day. Smile

There's something that I'd like to ask about the barangay's legal system. There's this person in our neighborhood who pretty much abuses the barangay's power to summon people. She has several enemies (including our family) in the neighborhood, all of them good, working citizens. She's jobless, so she has all the time in the world to create havoc. But for us and for the other people in the neighborhood, her summons are becoming terribly troublesome. For one thing, even if you do attend the summon, she's never willing to hear out what you have to say. It's literally just a complete waste of time.

She just disrupts everyone's schedule with her inane "cases". Take for example her most recent complaint: she's filing a harassment case against my sister. But how can my sister harass her when they haven't spoken at all in years? We really go out of our way to avoid her since she's nothing but trouble. But she keeps seeking us out.

The barangay keeps entertaining her and they keep saying that they're legally obligated to cater to her. They claim that they're tired of her too but are powerless to do anything.

My question is, is there nothing that we can do to protect ourselves from this woman's abuse? Not a month goes by that she doesn't complain about someone to the barangay. Sometimes it's her brother-in-law whom she complains about, sometimes it's us, sometimes it's that nice tailor around the corner. We're all good, hardworking citizens who are falling victim to the folly of a woman who is probably not right in the head. Can't the barangay just stop entertaining her?

I'd really appreciate it if you could help us. It's very tiresome to keep filing for a leave each time we get summoned, and nothing really gets done during those procedures anyway. Plus, it's causing some anxiety to my mother who has a heart condition. I feel like the law is failing to protect us. There's something terribly wrong with the system if it can be abused like this. Is there really nothing that the barangay officials can do?

Thank you. Smile

2The Barangay's Legal System Empty Re: The Barangay's Legal System Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:51 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

ipa media ninyo po sa T3. sisikat pa po yan.

3The Barangay's Legal System Empty Re: The Barangay's Legal System Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 pm

poli_teia

Arresto Menor

Salamat po sa reply.

Ano po ang T3? Parang masyadong malaki na din kase kung magpamedia. >.< di naman kami sanay sa mga confrontation na ganun.

Wala bang process na kung pwede sana may petition ang mga members ng barangay na i-baban yung tao na yun sa pagfile pa ng mga nuisance case nya?

May update na nga eh, ngayon pati aso may case na. hay. Neutral

4The Barangay's Legal System Empty Re: The Barangay's Legal System Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:13 pm

attyLLL

there is no limitation to filing cases, but if you can prove that these are not being filed in good faith, or there isn't even any evidence, then you can make a counter suit for abuse of right.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5The Barangay's Legal System Empty Re: The Barangay's Legal System Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:36 pm

poli_teia

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the response, atty. Smile I'll do more research on that angle. It sounds like a good plan. The only downside is that we'll be seeing more of that woman. haha. >.< Oh well. As long as it gets her to stop, I suppose.

Thanks. The work you do here is really wonderful. ^^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum